It's not that bad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HeatherR

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a second year med student, and here's my take on this whole med school thing.

Remember way back, when you were in preschool and grade 1 seemed so scarey. but when you got there you found it wasn't so bad. Then juniour high came along, and you were scared to death, but again, you worked a little harder and it was OK. Then high school loomed ahead - you met the challenge once again. But university! you heard the stories - "you get staight A's in high school but once you get to college those A's turn into C's" you went to college, and surprise surprise, you still got A's . Now med school comes along and once again you become afraid that it will be too hard and you won't be able to do it. Well, if you're intelligent enough to make it through the admissions process, them you are capable of stepping up to the challenge once again and being successful.

I know it's frightening to finally making it to med school, but relax! You'll do fine. Just take it easy in the summer and rest up. Whatever you do, don't try to study ahead - you'll just burn yourself out. You will absolutely love med school. You are one step closer to realizing your dreams and becoming a doctor. Bask in the glow of your acceptance and worry about the stresses of med school when they get there. I assure you it won't be as bad as you're imagining.

Members don't see this ad.

Oops - this was supposed to be a response to kundun in his "advice for incoming ms1's" Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Oops - this was supposed to be a response to kundun in his "advice for incoming ms1's" Sorry if I caused any confusion.