-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
It's Official.
Started by NTF
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am the oldest fart in my class.
You're probably the smartest, too. Get back to us on that one, but I'm betting it will be true.
Welcome to the club!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
N
njbmd
I am the oldest fart in my class.
I was the third from the oldest. We had a 53-year-old and a 49-year-old who were older than me when I started.
I will be a "young" 30/31 when I start.
Damn gray hair stop showing yourself!!
Damn gray hair stop showing yourself!!
congratulations! I was the oldest fart in mine too.
On day 1 they had a slide show with facts about the incoming class - including age range, 20 -36. Then at the lunch the assistant dean of admissions came over to me and said, "Now, did we get your age right? Because I know you're the oldest."
I decided that since I was old anyway, it was way cooler to be the oldest fart than the second oldest.
On day 1 they had a slide show with facts about the incoming class - including age range, 20 -36. Then at the lunch the assistant dean of admissions came over to me and said, "Now, did we get your age right? Because I know you're the oldest."

I decided that since I was old anyway, it was way cooler to be the oldest fart than the second oldest.
QofQuimica
Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
I am, too. 🙂I am the oldest fart in my class.
I am the oldest fart in my class.
Show the young bucs how it is done!
I am the oldest fart in my class.
Older than professor?
QofQuimica
Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Sometimes, yes. Even in the clinical years, it is not uncommon if you're >30. On one of my medicine teams, I was the oldest, the resident was a year or two younger than I am, and the attending was younger than both of us (but older than the intern). 🙂Older than professor?
I'm pretty sure I'm older than my Physics teacher, but not my Bio prof, most likely my Orgo prof, but not Gen Chem II prof...oh, you get the picture. I am also the same age, by two months, as my supervisor on the clinical trial I'm working on - despite his being an Interventional Cardiologist: (4 years MD, 1 Research, 3 IM, 3 Cards, 1 Interventional Cards). You do the math. 😡
D712
D712
Older than professor?
Definitely possible that he's older than the histology professor, who looks like he's in his thirties and used to have a mullet.
I will be a "young" 30/31 when I start.
Damn gray hair stop showing yourself!!
I have same problem with my hair.... Bad genes tho... 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cool you old farts make me feel like a kid. 👍
thanks ya geezers and hags. oh and stop yelling at me to get off yer lawn.![]()
I will... when you get off my goddamn lawn!

Remember, kiddos - youth and beauty are no match for old age and treachery.
I am the oldest fart in my class.
Not the oldest, but there are probably less than 5 others older than me. 😉
Oh well... hardest part is probably just being at a completely different place in life in comparison to the majority. But I think that has its advantages. Definite destressor to come home and spend time with kids/SO- although SO is still trying to grasp concept of how different things are going to be. 😱
But it is only the end of week one, and the graphs of enzymes + inhibitors are again calling my name...🙄
Enjoy!🙂
Hang in there everyone. You will survive, as I keep telling myself that every day. I just wish I wasn't the oldest. I have had lecturers younger than me!
Luckily I don't look y age. But I have to admit: I miss being able to have a conversation about what it is really like. Maybe SDN will be just for that....
Luckily I don't look y age. But I have to admit: I miss being able to have a conversation about what it is really like. Maybe SDN will be just for that....
I will most likely be 31 or 32 when I start, of course depending on when I apply and if I get in. I think at that age, I'll probably be in the 90th percentile on age it seems like from what everyone is posting.
Yay 90th percentile! Wait... on age? Hmmm... maybe not so yay, but like previous poster, I think I don't look my age either, or I'll keep telling myself that.
Yay 90th percentile! Wait... on age? Hmmm... maybe not so yay, but like previous poster, I think I don't look my age either, or I'll keep telling myself that.
although SO is still trying to grasp concept of how different things are going to be. 😱
It's starting to sink in with my SO as well. I tried to tell her that it's akin to being in a perpetual finals week. She thought I was being melodramatic until I stacked up my syllabi in the corner of the room I study in. She thought the stack was for the whole year. Then she found out it was just material for the first 5 weeks.
It's starting to sink in with my SO as well. I tried to tell her that it's akin to being in a perpetual finals week. She thought I was being melodramatic until I stacked up my syllabi in the corner of the room I study in. She thought the stack was for the whole year. Then she found out it was just material for the first 5 weeks.




I did the same thing, except it was a 1.5 inch binder. And it was filled with just one week's worth of material for 4 of 5 courses.
He's getting there, but it's going to take some work...
now back to thermodynamics...🙄
Yup. Classes started back up on Friday and when my wife put the kids to bed the night before, she told the kids to go kiss daddy goodnight and tell him see you next summer. It's not quite that bad, but she does feel like a single mom most days.
Similar threads
D
- Replies
- 45
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 883
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 2K