It's over...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrisketAttack

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
step 1 is done. it was hard. harder than i was prepared for. i had cumulative 76% on uworld, all random. 263/770 on NBME 3. i will be happy if I get above 230 on the real test. it was that hard. i never felt good about a question block. while i was taking nbme 3 i could tell that i was doing well. i felt i knew the answers. it did not feel that way on the step. i'll post my score when i get it. peace out to all you champions. you've been an awesome support system. may you all do well on the step and in your future careers.

Members don't see this ad.

step 1 is done. it was hard. harder than i was prepared for. i had cumulative 76% on uworld, all random. 263/770 on NBME 3. i will be happy if I get above 230 on the real test. it was that hard. i never felt good about a question block. while i was taking nbme 3 i could tell that i was doing well. i felt i knew the answers. it did not feel that way on the step. i'll post my score when i get it. peace out to all you champions. you've been an awesome support system. may you all do well on the step and in your future careers.

Good job! I'm sure you did fine :)

It's hard for everyone

Congrat's man! If it was hard for you, after rockin a 263, imagine what it was like for everyone else ;)

i'm sure you killed it

Your cumulative and last NBME are exactly the same as mine. I also felt like crap after the real thing and I ended up getting a 262.

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats on being done, man. I'm sure you did great. Just try not to think about it too much and enjoy the free time that you have.

Your cumulative and last NBME are exactly the same as mine. I also felt like crap after the real thing and I ended up getting a 262.

that makes me feel remarkably better. i haven't mentioned it much in this forum, but i'm a derm weasel, and if this test doesn't turn out well, well, i guess that dream dies. rugged times.

I have to say.... your thread REALLY freaked me out the other day. I got a 214 on the last NBME I took and felt SO INCREDIBLY unprepared for the exam that I took today. I had been studying for about 16 hours a day, for about 5 weeks now and this weekend, I felt like I knew NOTHING. I couldn't remember anything that I had learned.

I expected today to be the most frustrating exhausting and difficult thing I had ever done. Especially after hearing a bunch of people who have been scoring 240-260 on their practice tests say how hard the exam was.
IT WASN'T (the most frustrating exhausting thing I'd ever done). It was fine. I'm not saying it was easy, nor am I saying that I'm gonna have a great score. I'm sure most of the people on this board will score better than me. But it wasn't terrible.

Anyway, I'm not discounting your experience at all. But I do want you to realize that this kind of thread is pretty scary for the average joe out there that just wants to get an average score on the exam. And I wanted to let everyone else out there that is like I was a few days ago, reading this thread and pretty much freaking out..... Its OK. You'll be fine.