IU Computer Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dauber

Big Baby Jesus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are we expected to buy a computer on our own prior to July 5th and make sure it's compatible with the IUSD software or are we supposed to buy one through the school?

Members don't see this ad.

You have to buy a very specific computer that they have chosen. I think they will give you a code, you go to dell and enter the code. You can add additional components if you like. The computer is sent to IU, where the IU techs add the programs you need, and you pick it up when you arrive.

I was wondering the same thing...any idea when this information will be sent out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah its Gay....

LOma LInda Makes us do the same thing... If im going to pay 2k for a laptop I dont want the lattitude I want the pimp tiny XPS M series inspirion... whatever I guess just consider it more tuition...

You have to buy a very specific computer that they have chosen. I think they will give you a code, you go to dell and enter the code. You can add additional components if you like. The computer is sent to IU, where the IU techs add the programs you need, and you pick it up when you arrive.

More clarification:
you should be getting computer info soon. It is probably a link to Dell with specific laptops they approve. From there, you can customize your laptop and pay for it from your own money (you will then get the money back in forms of loan money)!! the laptop is then sent to school and you pick it up during the orientation.