IU interview...

Started by FoxyDear
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FoxyDear

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I have an interview with IU. Can someone please tell me what to expect there? I am very nervous! =)

~Also, is the interview laid back or strict? an additional essay?
How do i prepare myself?

please help...thanks!
 
Hey,

The interview is very laid back. You have two interviews, but one is just a file review. I think the main point of the interview is to show them that you can carry a conversation and that you know what optometry is. If you have any questions, feel free to message me!
 
Hey! I just had my interview at IU, and I don't know the outcome yet or anything, but I can definitely tell you there is nothing to stress about. The interviews are very laid back and only a half hour each. The one interview is just a file/extracurricular review, and the second one is like the "why optometry?" portion. My interviewer asked me only three questions before he asked what I wanted to know about IU! There are no additional essays. You really don't need a ton of preparation; if you can explain why you want to be an optometrist you will do just fine.

I am usually a worrier, and I couldn't sleep the night before because I had stressed myself out so much... when I had finished the two interviews I realized how absolutely unnecessary all that worrying had been. 🙂

Best of luck with your interview! PM me if you have more questions.
 
Last edited: