IU prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catchmehere44

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you guys knw that IU requires these prereqs before you applied?

Human Anatomy 4hours
Human Physiology 3 hours
General Psycology

Members don't see this ad.

catchmehere44 said:
Did you guys knw that IU requires these prereqs before you applied?

Human Anatomy 4hours
Human Physiology 3 hours
General Psycology

These kind of posts always amaze me. I didn't apply to IU so I didn't do any research about them, but you can be sure that I knew everything there was to know about applying to the schools I did apply to. This is kinda like some of those Loma Linda gripes. "I had no idea they were seventh-day adventists, or that the application would have anything to do with religion" Give me a break! All it takes is just a quick visit to any schools website and all the info is at your finger tips. Now to be fair I haven't checked out IU's website and looked up they're application requirements, but I bet if I did I'd be able to find this info. BTW most schools recommend that you take anat and phys, and many schools require some beginning psych class.

Members don't see this ad :)
anatomy? psychology? physiology?

none of that sounds too extraordinary. when a school requires Nuclear Physics or Tennis, wake me up :)

catchmehere44 said:
ok they do have their prereqs listed...my bad ;)

No worries, I didn't mean to vent all that on you! There's just been a lot of posts that have shown that people didn't do the research before throwing their money at a school, and if you're gonna do that, hell, throw some of that money my way.

just to play devil's advocate...i applied to IU and got an interview but they are making me re-take anatomy and physiology before june 30, 2006 if i want to attend there. unfortunately, the professor i had passed away and my school has since changed the name of the course to just human physiology (so that's how it appears on my transcript) . after many arguments i still have to retake the course because IU doesn't accept ANY substitutions for the required courses... :eek:

nd7 said:
just to play devil's advocate...i applied to IU and got an interview but they are making me re-take anatomy and physiology before june 30, 2006 if i want to attend there. unfortunately, the professor i had passed away and my school has since changed the name of the course to just human physiology (so that's how it appears on my transcript) . after many arguments i still have to retake the course because IU doesn't accept ANY substitutions for the required courses... :eek:

Now that is something I can get on board with griping about.

Yes, I did know those courses were required...I was actually very upset because I didn't have time to take them this year so I couldn't apply to UI or Ohio State...

they also require biochem!
Psychology 101 was cake, dont sweat it.