IU vs. MCW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IUHoosier21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know at one point I vowed to not create a thread like this, but I feel like there is pretty good representation from both schools and I may be provided with a little more information. I realize this is my decision, ultimately; however, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Here's the deal. I was accepted to MCW in January, and I just got off the waitlist at IU. I am an Indiana resident and was placed at the Terre Haute campus. Tuition at IU is roughly $24,000 for an in-stater, while MCW is a little over $40,000. I had a wonderful feeling at MCW which is really making it very hard. IU, however, is my state school, I would only be an hour away from home, it would cost me roughly $60-70 thousand less than MCW.

Right now I'm leaning towards pediatrics and I know that MCW has a WONDERFUL pediatrics hospital. IU does have Riley Children's Hospital, too. Any information regarding the matches for either of these two schools?

Research really isn't my thing, so that doesn't play much into my decision. That's the scoop. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are sure you are going to pediatrics, I would go to MCW. If you have no clue what specialty you are going to, then go to IU.

If it's any indication, I picked MCW for $30K per year over UWisc, which was $20K per year. I definitely like it here, but I certainly understand the pull of your family. I don't think MCW is over $40K though - isn't it more like $35K?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not according to the package I got this past week from MCW. It said $40,800 or something like that...maybe 40,080...either way, it's a lot more than IU.

Of course I'm quite biased, but I'd say go to IU :) It's much cheaper, you'd be close to family, and Riley is an excellent children's hospital. If you want the match list for IU 2007 grads, send me a PM. It's only available to current students and I could send you the .pdf if you want.

tuition...even though the website still says 37,500 or something.