IU vs. Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irunblue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got accepted into both!!! Anyone else in the same boat? I'm in state for Indiana...so that price tag is much cheaper and more appealing! ugh. I just need for someone to make this decision for me =/

Members don't see this ad.

you're in good company! i got accepted to both as well and would love to hear what ppl have to say as both these schools were my favorite. however, i'm an illinois resident. michigan did offer me a scholarship but it's not much, almost negligible to total cost for an oos...not like that one person with a scholarship of 120k...jeez

Got accepted into both!!! Anyone else in the same boat? I'm in state for Indiana...so that price tag is much cheaper and more appealing! ugh. I just need for someone to make this decision for me =/

iu's much cheaper? go there.

sorted.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Isnt Indiana building a brand new building for dentistry?

Isnt Indiana building a brand new building for dentistry?

I think so? I mean...Idk when. (anyone know more on this?)

I too got a scholarship to UM, but it still doesn't put me anywhere close to IU's tuition. I liked UM's curriculum more than IU's, but IU is also doing a lot of changing with their classes etc.

Go to indiana, the obvious choice... So Michigan can accept me :)

Got a scholarship to IU, even with it being in-state !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
decisions decisions

Reactions: 1 users
from some of your other posts it seems like you really like Michigan. If I were you, I'd just go with your gut. IU is obviously the cheapest and a fine school, while Michigan is more expensive (but depending on your scholarship may not be too bad), seems to be your favorite, and is a top notch school with a great reputation. Either way you're in a win win situation.

Reactions: 1 user
Go to IU, its cheaper, you have a scholarship and they are building a new dental building

Got a scholarship to IU, even with it being in-state !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
decisions decisions
Congrats, that is amazing! And good luck on your tough decision. Can I ask how you were notified of your scholarship?

Do yourself a favor and don't go to Indiana, I hear the Dean is crazy

Dean stories are myths, not like any radical changes can happen anyhow without board approval. I'd go IU

Michigan out of state, but stay in indy.