IUHS Current/previous student ONLY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rose Rich

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We had a similar thread and people joined to "bash" IUHS med school. This thread is intended for IUHS current students ONLY. Please do not come on here to post if you are not a current/previous student. All advice is welcome, but NOT on this thread. Please kindly be respectful.

IUHS Current / previous students
  1. Please could you share the pros and cons of this medical college?
  2. Are you a current/previous student?
  3. Would you recommend - why or why not?
Thanks,
RR

Members don't see this ad.

Don't hold your breath waiting. This is not a "big name" Caribbean school, so finding past or current students on SDN will probably be hard. If you wanna maximize your odds of speaking to someone who went to this school or is currently attending, you'd probably have better luck at ValueMD.

That being said, I encourage you to at least consider the advice given in the other thread. People may have been blunt in their criticism before, but that doesn't make it invalid.

Don't hold your breath waiting. This is not a "big name" Caribbean school, so finding past or current students on SDN will probably be hard. If you wanna maximize your odds of speaking to someone who went to this school or is currently attending, you'd probably have better luck at ValueMD.

That being said, I encourage you to at least consider the advice given in the other thread. People may have been blunt in their criticism before, but that doesn't make it invalid.

Very good point. Thanks kindly for the advice.

When I shop on Amazon, I always start with negative reviews first. Why? We already have an idea of what the 5/5 star reviews state. So I like to start with the negative as it gives me a holistic view of the end product.

However, I noticed that some people did NOT do their homework before posting.

Yes, the advice on other threads was well taken. I will try valuemd

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
4th year IUHS student. Current Pathway 6 approval from ECFMG. Current ERAS account. Applying for residency next month. It is possible.

Reactions: 1 users
4th year IUHS student. Current Pathway 6 approval from ECFMG. Current ERAS account. Applying for residency next month. It is possible.
How was the online education? I'm very curious to know how this worked and if it is acceptable.

How was the online education? I'm very curious to know how this worked and if it is acceptable.
You need to be self-motivated and self-taught.

While I stated above it is possible- let me also clarify that I do not recommend IUHS.

Most students never graduate. And those that do are often transfers that pay for the privilege of graduating.

Most students that start from scratch, are still ‘students’ ten years later.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Very good point. Thanks kindly for the advice.

When I shop on Amazon, I always start with negative reviews first. Why? We already have an idea of what the 5/5 star reviews state. So I like to start with the negative as it gives me a holistic view of the end product.

However, I noticed that some people did NOT do their homework before posting.

Yes, the advice on other threads was well taken. I will try valuemd
Hello, I am considering IUHS for admission. How was your experience with them?

Hello, I am considering IUHS soon. Would your recommend it for aspiring physician?
Regards

While I stated above it is possible- let me also clarify that I do not recommend IUHS.

Most students never graduate. And those that do are often transfers that pay for the privilege of graduating.

Most students that start from scratch, are still ‘students’ ten years later.
I also would not recommend IUHS. That is true, students linger around for 10 yrs reason/ reality; Students pass all the block classes from block 0 onwards but as soon as they get to the final exit revision block 9/10 that is where the hold up starts. They get bogged down with thousands of revision questions first through a DHR process closely monitored. When they eventually go through this DHR back and forth, the students are inserted into another 16 week revision program also of thousands of questions, hours of compulsory video and quizzes from Lecturio with exams (called assignments) in between they need to pass to proceed to next section. There are 3 rounds to this total 16 week program and at the end of each grueling round is a 4 hr proctored subject exam with about 200 questions, harder than even USMLE step 1, and the passing mark is 70%. You need USMLE material to prepare for this Subject exam e.g. First Aid/UWorld definitely not the Lecturio IUHS give and teach you on. Remember after students finish their tuition in full, they still get charged $350 per month for lingering around with all the revisions. It sort of feels like a scam too to lock students in just to get the monthly $350.
If I knew all this information above, I would not have joined IUHS. I would have just taken my MCAT score, rewrite it if it's low and apply at a local US medschool. AAMC gives you 100% scholarship to cover application costs and books to study for MCAT as long as you're US citizen/permanent resident.

Glossing over the fact that in 2024 they will no longer be eligible for US residency with the WFME change.
It looks like St.Kitts and Nevis has applied for WFME accreditation. I'm just not sure if IUHS's ECFMG accreditation (allowing its students to practice in US) is still valid because it currently does not show up on the list on ECFMG.org site.

List-of-Agencies-with-Recognition-Status-and-applying.pdf

is this school accredited for US
I'm just not sure if IUHS's ECFMG accreditation (allowing its students to practice in US) is still valid because it currently does not show up on the list on ECFMG.org site. This is most relevant for students till Dec 2023. After that the 2024 WFME certification replaces that and it's rules require Medschool country (ST Kitts and Nevis) accreditation. So far it looks like St.Kitts and Nevis has applied for WFME accreditation.

If you're registered with ECFMG, you should be grandfathered in and ECFMG states it will be implementing this over time. If you look though their site you can find the info. Also World Directory of Medical Schools shows IUHS as active.