IUPUI Open House on Monday, October 8th

Started by Nailey13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nailey13

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone going to be attending either the open house or the talk by Joshua Morrison (Director of Student Enrollment Services) from 4-5 PM?
 
I would definitely be there if I didn't have to be at basketball practice =/ But please keep us updated on how it all goes.

Thanks

JD
 
Turns out that there wasn't a formal open house scheduled as such. I arrived at 2 PM and spoke to Mr. Morrison for a bit, asking him several questions about doing research while in the program and the opportunities for extracurricular activities (student board, APTA, mentors, etc.). It was a good talk and he planned to answer these types of questions for physical therapy as well as for dietetics and OT during the session from 4-5 PM.

What really excited me is that the musculoskeletal research lab is designated a "signature center" by the university, the highest ranking conferred by IPUI. Based on the info provided on the website, it looks like they do work with a number of other departments on campus.

Additionally, students who help faculty with research in the labs (there are four, if I'm not mistaken) are eligible to receive partial graduate assistantships. I didn't feel it prudent to ask how much this amounts to, but given that in-state tuition is around 47k, any reduction would make the total cost of tuition very competitive.