IUSD Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Columbia07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been placed on their OUT-OF-STATE list and I wanted to know if anyone had any info about being on it...chances of getting in, etc?

Anyone else on the list?

Also, when are their deposit deadlines?

Thanks

PS It is by far my top choice and would love to go!

Members don't see this ad.

I was on the list this year as of the 1st of dec. I was offered a spot on the 18th of january and I had 30 days to respond with a deposit. As the matricualtion date approaches the deposit date gets shorter. If you are offered a spot the deposit would probably be expected within 2 weeks. It's $500 and I think that they only require one deposit before school starts. Not to get your hopes down but I heard that they offered up to 90 spots this year right off the bat instead of the traditional 30 so the class would fill sooner. Being on the list though is a really good thing at IUSD so keep your hopes up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks.

ASU-Devil, were you ranked high on the list? Are you going to attend?

Anyone else have any info? Is the class full right now?

Am I really the only person on this alternate list? Come on people, don't be shy...

:smuggrin:

I am on the alternate list.
Any idea how many people are on this OUT-OF-STATE-Alternate list? Also how deep to they typically go on the list? For example if they make a list of 60 students do they only use 10?

Hey,

Fellow alternate-lister...not sure about the number of applicants on the list. However, I was looking at old posts/threads and last year they tool #26 from the alternate list and the year before than they took #47 or something like that....I'm in the low 20's, so I don't really know where I stand since this cycle is so competitive. Hopefully I get in...IUSD was an amazing school!

Where are you on the list (approx.)? When did you interview?

good luck!

I'm also on the out of state alternate list. Not sure how many are on the list currently. Keep us posted if you find out how the list is moving. Thanks.

would you like to disclose your approx. ranking so we can get a feel for where we stand?

Thanks and good luck!

:smuggrin:

I interviewed in Feb. and am alternate #20 according to the letter sent out last week. I guess we will know more in a few weeks, they seem to be very open to us calling/emailing for updates. Keep me posted if you find out anything else.

I don't know if this really helps, but I started out like number 9 on the out of state alternate list for last year's cycle, and they called me on the phone like June 28 to tell me I had been accepted. So don't give up on getting in until their classes actually start. On a side note, the lady seemed really pissed when I told her I had been accepted somewhere else seven months earlier, so make sure to call them if you have been accepted elsewhere.

When did you interview at IUSD? When were you placed on the list as the #9 alternate...? Being in the low 20's does not sound too good now....

:barf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck, m'man. I have a few friends on that same list. Hopefully you all get in. Keep hope alive! A lot can happen in 4 months.

Thanks man! Good luck to you too!

Let's all continue to keep the dream alive!:thumbup:

I too was on the out-of state IUSD alternate list when I learned that I had been accepted a couple of weeks ago; however I had decided already to go elsewhere, and declined the acceptance. Hope this opens up an opportunity of acceptance for another person on the list! Good luck to everyone! :)

IUSD goes pretty deep into their out-of-state alternate list so not only do I think you still have a chance, I think you have a pretty good chance. Hope to see you there this July!

Does anyone have any idea how many people are on the alternate list that they made this year? Also is their an "In-State Alternate List As Well"?

Not sure how many alternates there are on the list, but I would venture to guess that there are quite a few (40+)...

Last edited:
Spshl K...what number were you on the alternate list last year? Were you on the in-state or out-of-state alternate list?

Good Luck!

Thanks

Any news?

Good Luck!

Thanks

bump...

Any news??

+pissed+

BUMP......anyone pulled off yet?

Good Luck!

^^ Hey columbia. Great to see that you're gung-ho and being pro-active about IU's waiting list process.

I got accepted to IU in the first round in Dec 2006, and am very happy. I have to admit though that IU was not my 1st choice dental school at that time.

I really pray and hope you come to IU and be a part of our class. I assume you're from the New York area since your username is Columbia. Good luck.