Iuso vs suny

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OptoStudent_111

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I currently had interviews at both SUNY and iuso, and honestly I loved them both equally. They were research driven, kind staff and faculty, and good support groups for students. So I was wondering what you, fellow preoptomtery and optometry students think? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Why not both?

Also you're not even sure if you got acceptances to both, so why worry about decisions before your chickens have even hatched. Go where you'll be happiest and most comfortable.

Last edited:
Also you're not even sure if you got acceptances to both, so why worry about decisions before your chickens have even hatched. Go where you'll be happiest and most comfortable.

Thanks for the reply. I did get into both as of this morning.

Hello everyone,
I currently had interviews at both SUNY and iuso, and honestly I loved them both equally. They were research driven, kind staff and faculty, and good support groups for students. So I was wondering what you, fellow preoptomtery and optometry students think? Thanks!
I'm currently a student at IU. As experienced during admission day when you came, what you see is what you get. IU provides students with great clinical skills, teaching students to prepare them for boards but also adding information about newer research being done. There is a great learning atmosphere between the professors and students as well. There are plenty of resources to use that range from free tutoring, asking help from your associate instructors, and your professors and anytime really. Finally, I'd say the town itself is one of the best parts, its a great environment with plenty to do and great food. Let me know if you have any questions.