IV Certification in Houston

Started by Pharmop
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharmop

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just became a Pharmacy Technican and I wanted to get IV certified. II heard U of H and HCC offer classes but I'm not sure how to go about doing this.

Thanks
 
I have been where you are!! U of H no longer offers their IV certification course. HCC is integrated with the pharmacy tech program. So, the best option I found was the Sterile products cert at NPTA. There are 9 chapters in the book to read and take the quizzes online, and after you finish those there are 2 days hands on training at their training center in N. Houston. I took this course this past January and it was great, the instructor was nice and he always helped and answered questions. It is however $698 for non-NPTA members and $648 for members. I think their course is one of the more preferred by employers. http://www.pharmacytechnician.org/sterile/
 
Last edited: