I've been accepted into program but bad physics grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vike56

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I'm being completely irrational, but I'm hoping someone can ease my fears. So I have already been accepted into a program, but I ended up getting a C plus in physics 2. On their site, it says you need a C in pre req classes. It's not like they can take away my acceptance right? Someone please take away this fear :-/

Members don't see this ad.

Never personally heard of this happening, not in undergrad and not for DPT programs.

Once they have their class established and the application/waitlist process is closed, those spots are PRECIOUS to these programs, and they do not want to lose students. They would not go out of their way to drop a student over something like that.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm confused as to what the problem is. If you got a C+ then your grade is higher than a C.... so you qualify...

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know I'm being completely irrational, but I'm hoping someone can ease my fears. So I have already been accepted into a program, but I ended up getting a C plus in physics 2. On their site, it says you need a C in pre req classes. It's not like they can take away my acceptance right? Someone please take away this fear :-/

If what you say is true, then you have nothing to worry about seeing as you got a C+ when the program's minimum is a C.

If you mean that you got a C and the program's minimum is a C+, then you should contact your program and see what are your options.

All schools are different I suppose, but one of the PTs I shadowed had been accepted to an extremely competitive program before completing physics 1 or 2. He took both in the summer prior to matriculation and eeked by with low C's in both. Didn't make any difference in the end because he had already been accepted.

Congrats btw. ;)

Congrats on your acceptance! Once you already put down your deposit, you spot is pretty secure! Like @Skyris said those spots are really precious and admission would not go to the trouble of making you retake the class. Beside you were already a competitive applicant without the Physics grade anyway, so it doesn't matter!

email them! but lucky you got in even with a C :)

email them! but lucky you got in even with a C :)
Not really, it depends on the class and settings, I was pre med for undergrad and had 2 or 3 cs but they were in tough classes like organic chem or biochem etc, I had a 314, 5.0 gre so it was pretty clear my GPA didn't reflect my future success, and I was given admission everywhere I applied, so it just depends. Not all grades are equal. a 3.0 in pre med is probably equal to a 3.5 or 3.6 in many other fields.

Not really, it depends on the class and settings, I was pre med for undergrad and had 2 or 3 cs but they were in tough classes like organic chem or biochem etc, I had a 314, 5.0 gre so it was pretty clear my GPA didn't reflect my future success, and I was given admission everywhere I applied, so it just depends. Not all grades are equal. a 3.0 in pre med is probably equal to a 3.5 or 3.6 in many other fields.
This is very true, I too was a pre-med chem major in undergrad so I had to take orgo 1&2 plus inorganic chem plus Pchem and biochem etc which I mostly got B's in so I ended up with a 3.2 GPA for my undergrad, but i scored 321 4.5 on my GRE's and was offered admission to all my schools that I applied to except Udel hah! So Adcom's know this, a B in upper level science course is not the same as a B in a 100 level course.

oh wow, thats good to know...ive made a C in chemistry and im like worried out of mind thatll be the reason why i dont get accepted

oh wow, thats good to know...ive made a C in chemistry and im like worried out of mind thatll be the reason why i dont get accepted
I had a C in Chem II and got interviews to 6/7 schools I applied to (only went to one though), so I think schools can look past it.

Edit: and a B- in Chem I, giving me a whopping 2.45 GPA average in Chemistry classes :)

I had a C in physics and got accepted into a program. Just make sure the rest of your application looks good! I did really well on my gres and had a lot of experience with great LORs

Okay yeah I was accepted before I got the grade in the class. I just didn't want my acceptance taken away, but I'm hoping I'll be fine