I've been waitlisted... now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrClink18

Reaction score
I was selected as an alternate at a school I interviewed at. I sent them an LOI about 3 weeks ago now, but should I contact them again? Should I send another email, email an admissions person that gave me a tour a while back, call the school, or just let them be? I don't want to be pushy or annoying but I would like to get off the alternate list somehow. Any advice on what to do next?

Members don't see this ad.

I was selected as an alternate at a school I interviewed at. I sent them an LOI about 3 weeks ago now, but should I contact them again? Should I send another email, email an admissions person that gave me a tour a while back, call the school, or just let them be? I don't want to be pushy or annoying but I would like to get off the alternate list somehow. Any advice on what to do next?
trust the process...

Reactions: 1 user
I actually got an email the other day asking if I was still interested in being on the alternate list, is this a good sign?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a good sign because we are checking to see if you are still interested in our program. Many people who have been on the waitlist for a while may have gotten offers elsewhere and we wouldn't know. So we're consolidating the list so you could have a better shot getting an offer.

It's a good sign because we are checking to see if you are still interested in our program. Many people who have been on the waitlist for a while may have gotten offers elsewhere and we wouldn't know. So we're consolidating the list so you could have a better shot getting an offer.
do you know how a ranked waitlist works and how to get off of one? is it appropriate to email the admissions director?

do you know how a ranked waitlist works and how to get off of one? is it appropriate to email the admissions director?
I knew how my waitlist system worked but not all schools will do it the same way (and my school likely changed the system too). There's no harm emailing the director of admissions, but don't expect to get a straightforward answer.

Reactions: 1 user