i've got some time, reading suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatscorrect7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone could suggest any good literature of general philosophy because i have a couple of months before i take the mcat so i thought it would be good practice to analyze some literature like that because it seems like reading philosophical passages is my achilles...

Members don't see this ad.

Baruch Spinoza - Ethics (1677)

Painful and annoying to read, it's a bunch of endless rationalist theorems, that if you can manage to make sense of, you can develop an aggressive logic. It's one of the main ingredients of Einstein's childhood development. Spinoza wrote some of the densest bull$%# in philosophy - if you can get through it, you can plow through Hobbes or Derrida.

Oh yeah Derrida is good MCAT practice. It's very much in keeping with their postmodern vibe, and much more fun to read.

Atlas Shrugged! It is very long, so practice reading quickly while trying to think about the underlying philosophy. This sort of reading is great for the MCAT, because it keeps you thinking actively while reading with speed.