J1 visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vkumar90

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am an Indian citizen and a Foreign Medical Graduate having graduated from American University of Caribbean, school of medicine and I have matched into an IM Residency program. For processing the J1 physician visa ECFMG requires Statement of Need to be issued by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.

The application for Statement of Need and the surety bond is asking me for a MCI registration number, as I did not do my medical education in India, what do I put down for that.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I am an Indian citizen and a Foreign Medical Graduate having graduated from American University of Caribbean, school of medicine and I have matched into an IM Residency program. For processing the J1 physician visa ECFMG requires Statement of Need to be issued by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.

The application for Statement of Need and the surety bond is asking me for a MCI registration number, as I did not do my medical education in India, what do I put down for that.

Thanks

For visa issues, I would reach out to the ministry, your medical school or IM program directly for those questions. Getting visa info second or third-hand from SDN could be problematic or delay your letter. Also note that your IM program might be very slow to respond to administrative questions right now due to the covid-19 pandemic.

Reactions: 1 user