Jackson in Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myrandom2003

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know anything about Jackson in miami and their PM&R program? i looked on google, tried to find thier website, looked on scutwork...nada...just wondering...if anyone has any info on the program, would you please be kind enough to post some info...thank you

Members don't see this ad.

no what i meant was a review or opinions of the program from either an interviewee or a resident...i know all the basic facts...i just want some personal opinions as this program is really new...only in its second or third year i think...

The program just took its first residents this past July. They are still trying to develop the program. I interviewed there last year for the 2006 class. It is a very busy hospital. A negative was the location. It is in the worst part of Miami (or it seemed like it to me), the traffic was horrible, and the housing very expensive. All that being said, they have the potential of being a great program. I am sure they have resolved many of the issues they had. They supposedly work closely with Neurorehab and Ortho. One other thing is they are capable of making their own prosthetic limbs onsite. Also, they are associated with the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis. I hope this helps. Good luck.

myrandom2003 said:
no what i meant was a review or opinions of the program from either an interviewee or a resident...i know all the basic facts...i just want some personal opinions as this program is really new...only in its second or third year i think...