• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Jan 19 Breakdown

Buudo

5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2012
  1. Dentist
Scores
PAT: 21
QR: 22
RC: 19 (sigh)
BIO: 21
GC: 23
OC: 21
TS: 21
AA: 21

Study Time:
4.5 weeks, 2-8 hours/day
5-8 hours first 3 weeks
2-4 hours a day last week and a half

Background:
Sophomore in college
<3.0 GPA
a couple Bs, mostly Cs in sci classes

As you can see I didn't have a good background on any of these and I'm slacked off a lot in school, but managed to pull through even with slacking a lot on studying for the DATs. It's doable!

Materials:
Topscore (parts of 2 tests)
Chad's Videos (OC and GC)
DAT Destroyer (Bio, GC, OC)
Math Destroyer (5 tests, only 1 timed)
QVault (Bio)
CDR (3 tests)
CDP (9 tests)
Cliff's AP Bio

Breakdown

Went in and thought I was going to fail since the first section, but managed to do decently. Wanted a 22, but I guess a 21 is good considering the amount of studying I did and with my background knowledge.

PAT (21) CDP
I started out with a 15 on my first test on CDP and thought it was impossible, but my friends showed me the grid and cube counting methods and after a couple tests, I consistently scored 21 on CDP. I feel that the Keyhole is too easy on CDP and the angles and pattern folding were too hard.

On the real test, the keyhole was MUCH harder and was based a lot on proportions and I wasted too much time on this section. The cube counting was super easy and took me probably 5 minutes total for all 15 sections. Pattern folding wasn't bad and 1-2 angles were impossible, while the rest were okay. The TFE was about the same and hole punching had 1/3 folds. which confused me at first.

Just do a couple CDP tests and you'll be guaranteed at least a 20 if you know the methods. Be careful not to spend too much time on Keyhole, like I did. Could have probably gotten a 22-23 if it weren't for that.

RC (19) CDR
I hate reading lol. I got a physics passage and probably got at LEAST 8 wrong on that section since I dreaded the passage. Could have probably got at least a 20 if I wasn't still thinking about the science and PAT section while taking RC.

CDR was a lot harder than the real thing. Topscore is more representative I would say. The real thing was 95% search and destroy. It didn't work for me on the physics passage though..

Bio (21) Bio Destroyer, Cliff's, QVault
I skimmed through the Cliff's book once, did Bio Destroyer, and skimmed through Cliff's again, and then went through about 1/4 of Destroyer again. This section is pretty random as others have said and is a lot more breadth than depth. I would say make a compilation of notes like I did from Destroyer and Cliff''s. I also used QVault to practice and add more information to my compilation. QVault helped with anatomy related material.

I would say I could have got a 22 or 23 if I tried a bit harder on this section rather than skimming and lazily reading notes.

GC (23) Chad's Videos, DAT Destroyer
I did not learn a thing about GC last year in my class and had to completely learn GC from scratch. Chad's Videos helped a lot with it. I went through Chad's once on fastplay and DAT Destroyer twice. Got about 50% correct on my first time through and maybe 75%+ on my second.

I would say the questions on the real thing aren't that complicated and Chad helped me to answer a lot of them. DAT Destroyer and Topscore were harder than the real thing. I had two lab questions, one that I got wrong =\

OC (21) Chad's Videos, DAT Destroyer
Went through Chad's on fastplay twice and DAT Destroyer twice. Pretty much same as GC. Chad helped with a lot of concepts and reactions that were on the test. I expected at least a 23, but I guess I made dumb mistakes on this section.

Practice
CDP: 15, 18, 18, 18, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21
CDR: 17, 20, 18, 19 // Average: 18.5

QVault
Bio: 16, 19, 18, 18, 19, 19, 20, 20, 18, 17 // Average: 18.4

Topscore Test 1 and 2
Bio: 18, 18
GC: 17, 19
OC: 20, 23
RC: 19, 20
PAT: 19

Last edited:
About the Ads
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.