Jan interviews- Yay or Nay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flashgordon

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got invites for interview scheduling as early as October and late as Feburary. Oct seems strange since LORs and Dean's letters may not even be uploaded. January seems best since you'll have had a few interviews under your belt, and you'll probably be "fresher" when programs create their rank list in Feb.

Prob doesn't make a diff, but what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Got invites for interview scheduling as early as October and late as Feburary. Oct seems strange since LORs and Dean's letters may not even be uploaded. January seems best since you'll have had a few interviews under your belt, and you'll probably be "fresher" when programs create their rank list in Feb.

Prob doesn't make a diff, but what do you guys think?

You're right it probably doesnt make a bit of difference. I matched at my last interview - but again, thats where I ranked #1. Go to cold weather places in Jan to make sure you can handle the cold would be my only crap advice.

I got quite a few Jan interviews, and even one in February. Just wondering if that is a good idea? It seems like maybe the PD's will have seen enough good candidates by then and already have their mind made up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got quite a few Jan interviews, and even one in February. Just wondering if that is a good idea? It seems like maybe the PD's will have seen enough good candidates by then and already have their mind made up.

A January interview is fine. I did all of my interviews in January -- exhausting, but matched well.

My advice somewhat echos what some people have already said, but basically it doesn't matter what month you interview, but try to schedule your favorite programs towards the end of your interview season, especially if you're not a born smooth talker.