jan pcat scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chitown23

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone recieved their january pcat scores?...if so whats ur location...ive heard some people in FL recieved em..but not to sure..let me know thanks

Members don't see this ad.

How long does it take for you to receive your PCAT score from the day you taken the test? Is it about the same time as the SAT? The SAT took about 3 weeks.

Originally posted by goheel
How long does it take for you to receive your PCAT score from the day you taken the test? Is it about the same time as the SAT? The SAT took about 3 weeks.

It's probably closer to 4-6 weeks. I took mine in... umm 02(?) and they took forever to get them out to me. They used to say stuff like "ohh, we sent them out today", then a week later they would say "ohh, we didn't put postage on them, so they all got returned to us and we'll send them out next week!" (yes, that's really whay they told me). The whole thing is quite a good scam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do they take so long to score a standardized test? Isn't the PCAT is all scantron test?

Originally posted by goheel
Why do they take so long to score a standardized test? Isn't the PCAT is all scantron test?

Yes, it is. I don't know what they do or why they charge so much money for it, or why they can't just email us a copy in this day and age..

anyone recieve them?...its taking wayyyyyyyyy to long man..its such an ez test to grade..and there so damn slow..**** for the money we pay they should fedex these scores.....oh well....hopefully i can get it on monday....anyone in the US recieve it yet?..im in illinois and no sign here..let me knw..thanks

Yea, 4-6 weeks is way too long to grade a scantron test. They should also let you check the score electronically. The SAT lets you check your score online.

I still haven't gotten them yet either, Chitown23! The dang delay might ruin my chances of getting an interview at the out of state pharmacy school I applied to. I heard that their last interview date is in March or beginning of April. :( Plus, the PCAT score has to go through PharmCAS, which will take ANOTHER WEEK! I hate this!!!

I just called PCAT..they said that they were just mailed out on friday..that sucks...well they said you should recieve them in 5-7 business days...i want mine now!!!!

Don't believe them Chitown23! I called them last week and I was told they were mailed on 2/24!! What a bunch of lazy people.

I haven't received the score neither. Hopefully, we'll receive it sometime this week

man the wait is to long..... did notrecieveyet and its tuesday already.... hopefully tomm anyone get em

The Psychological Corporation has quite the set-up. They have a customer base that can't shop around. They only need to come up with a few different tests per year. How hard can that be? Peruse some textbooks and pluck some questions. The tests are easy to score: they're scantron and any amateur programmer can write a program to give each test a percentile score. The best part, they get to charge $69 (+$31 if you're even a day late). If you want extra scores sent out, you get to pay an extra $16 for them to print off another score report. And they have 6 weeks to score the tests and send the report out. Doesn't the slow service impact the work of the admissions commitees? You would think they would insist on better service. Unfortunately, us students that take the test are in no position to complain about the service. Speaking of good set-ups, howabout Pharmcas? I think the price they charge to evaluate your transcripts and send them to your school of choice is reasonable, but howabout what they charge for additional schools? I'm thinking all the extra work this involves for them is opening up a file, then using the "send to" command to send a report to your additional school. . . . . . .I need a good "set-up"!

mannnnnnn i called them again today..and now they said they mailed it on March 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!...this is so wrong..first they say feb 24..then last friday...now march 1st...i bet they havent even been sent yet..this is so ******ed...

Maybe we can all put our heads together and come up with a good scam like the PCAT or pharmCAS. We need something that EVERYONE has to use, like pharmCAS. Maybe we could do an "official" letter of rec validating/forwarding "service" for $65 per applicant? :laugh:

Originally posted by jdpharmd?
Maybe we can all put our heads together and come up with a good scam like the PCAT or pharmCAS. We need something that EVERYONE has to use, like pharmCAS. Maybe we could do an "official" letter of rec validating/forwarding "service" for $65 per applicant? :laugh:

I'm in! I'm telling you, everything today is money oriented and colleges/universities are no exception. If they state that 50 credits in english, speaking, walking, breathing, etc.. are needed to graduate- you're a captive audience.!!!
Come on, a science major should need 1-2 classes that should encompass some English lit (but you should have all that shakespeare in H.S. anyway) and writing/public speaking skills. Instead, at $660/credit- why not mandate students need 18 elective credits? what a profit!! :smuggrin: