January 2017 Journal Club

Started by SLCpod
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SLCpod

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My focus has been on interviews and boards the last few weeks. Sorry for not posting an article. Due to the fact that interviews are coming I think I am going to do journal club a little differently this month. I am going to post a few articles which are classics and may be something you can use in the interview process. If you have some articles you like be sure to post them.
 
Read this with my coffee today. Not bad.
The Use of Ertapenem for the Treatment of Lower Extremity Infections
Mendicino et al
 
A good article that I think changed the way a lot of people evaluate wounds and plan for reconstructive surgeries is
Angiosomes of the Foot and Ankle and Clinical Implications for Limb Salvage: Reconstruction, Incisions, and Revascularization by Christopher Attinger et al in the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 2006