January MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pochi111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that Nova doesn't accept January MCATs and was wondering if other schools look down upon them/don't accept them?

I may need to retake my mcat so I was thinking about the options.

Members don't see this ad.

as in they won't accept Jan 2015 MCAT (old MCAT) for the 2015 Application Cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they mean for the current cycle because your app won't be submitted in time.

They're still required to accept MCAT scores within 2 years.

I think they mean for the current cycle because your app won't be submitted in time.

They're still required to accept MCAT scores within 2 years.
Most school will accept them but by the time they get reported you will be looking for an interview for a waitlist spot.

Most school will accept them but by the time they get reported you will be looking for an interview for a waitlist spot.
Agreed. I applied in February and my class was full by the time I interviewed (hence the reason I was accepted for 2015)

This is probably true. I applied in the fall last year, but with a pending January retake that put me on hold at two schools. I was invited to April interviews when my scores came back in February. One was interviewing for very few available spots, and one was explicitly interviewing for the waitlist. I got the interviews (and one acceptance from the first score and a March interview) so it worked out okay for me, but it's not ideal to schedule that way.

If you think you would retake for next year anyway, you might as well do it in January-- you could take the current version, and there's a chance it'll get you another look from schools that might reject you outright otherwise.