Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I know taking the January MCAT for this current cycle is NOT ideal, but is it worth it if one were to score significantly higher than previous attempts? I know there is an issue with med school seats not being available since it's so late in the game, etc... Thoughts?

ecpresso

5+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
I don't see why it would hurt or even matter if you think you'll need to retake it when you reapply anyway. Have you already submitted?

sofpink

5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2014
Entre aqui y alla
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I don't see why it would hurt or even matter if you think you'll need to retake it when you reapply anyway. Have you already submitted?
I am on a similar boat...applied MD to 15 schools and DO to 6 schools. MCAT 502, planning on retaking on January, would any schools consider that retake for this cycle if it improves?

tony101

2+ Year Member
May 3, 2016
Status
Medical Student
I am on a similar boat...applied MD to 15 schools and DO to 6 schools. MCAT 502, planning on retaking on January, would any schools consider that retake for this cycle if it improves?
FIRST Make sure you are ready and second, if your score is amazing and they want you then possibly(altho MCAT in Jan = feb score and that may be far to late unless you get a freaking incredible score)

samac

2+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2014
Status
Medical Student
ReTaking your MCAT it Janurary will do absolutely nothing for this cycle.

kelminak

7+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Can someone recommend a list of schools? Already have my state schools.
Make a thread in the What Are My Chances? forum with all of your relevant information and ask for help with a school list.