January PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riobritt30

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone taking this version of the test?

I am an applicant for Fall 2011 and some of my schools say they will accept the January results only if I have taken the PCAT before this. How does this work? Will they hold my application for these results? I listed on my app that I planned on taking it. If I decide not to will they be waiting on these results anyway?

Members don't see this ad.

Some of the schools I am looking at will hold their decision if the first PCAT isn't good enough. Once they see the January PCAT they will put the application in front of the board again for review. It is so very school specific that you really should speak with each admissions team individually for their policies.

Is anyone taking this version of the test?

I am an applicant for Fall 2011 and some of my schools say they will accept the January results only if I have taken the PCAT before this. How does this work? Will they hold my application for these results? I listed on my app that I planned on taking it. If I decide not to will they be waiting on these results anyway?

I had originally listed on my application for one school that I was going to take the January PCAT. After I viewed my October PCAT score, I decided that my score and application would be considered competitive and will not be taking the Jan PCAT. I sent the Pharmacy admissions office an e-mail stating that I would not be taking it so that they can review my application now.

That school was going to wait on my results but as the other poster has mentioned, the best thing to do is to check with that school.