Januvia and Tradjenta together ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chrish

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, one of our patients has been getting these two prescriptions filled since last year from the same doctor. Just noticed it today. I tried contacting the doctor but haven't heard back. But in a meantime, has anyone seen something like this before? Or would it be complete contraindication?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
At half-max dose of each, its a perfectly safe waste of money.

Reactions: 1 users
Wouldn't this show up as a RPH DUR? ESI kicks back DUR rejects all the time, including GLP-1 + DPP-IV inhibitor combos

Perhaps they meant to switch to one DPP-IV and other DPP-IV is supposed to be D/Ced

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, a prescription is a legal document so why didn't this prescriber take his/her job seriously?

They should be on one of these only. Not both

Reactions: 1 user
I can just imagine the physicians lurking on our forum after hearing us demand provider status and then seeing this thread title...

I find it interesting that you would cast shade on the pharmacist who started this thread but not on the prescriber who actually wrote those scripts. Why should we care more about what lurkers think of this thread than they do about what we think of them?

I can just imagine the physicians lurking on our forum after hearing us demand provider status and then seeing this thread title...

I find it interesting that you would cast shade on the pharmacist who started this thread but not on the prescriber who actually wrote those scripts. Why should we care more about what lurkers think of this thread than they do about what we think of them?

Because waste and potential harm happen when errors like this occur. Prescribers do dumb things. Our baseline job is to make sure those dumb things don't reach the patient.

Wouldn't this show up as a RPH DUR? ESI kicks back DUR rejects all the time, including GLP-1 + DPP-IV inhibitor combos

Perhaps they meant to switch to one DPP-IV and other DPP-IV is supposed to be D/Ced

I did F9 in previously sold rxs and then F10 to see if TD code was entered.. Turns out it wasn't. Pt picked up the combination twice.

Anyways, pt was only supposed to take one med and the situation is now resolved.

No one is perfect. Think of all the inferences a retail pharmacist technically has to make (that are not really legally authorized by the way) just to get from pt A to pt B without causing a pileup.