Jefferson Anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NY172

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Jefferson's program, either current/past resident or interviewee? Interested in program and looking to learn more in terms of where it ranks in terms of competitiveness both in Philadelphia region and nationally. Interested in learning more. Thanks. If you do not want to post publicly, feel free to PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any experience with Jefferson's program, either current/past resident or interviewee? Interested in program and looking to learn more in terms of where it ranks in terms of competitiveness both in Philadelphia region and nationally. Interested in learning more. Thanks. If you do not want to post publicly, feel free to PM me.

I dont know about the program but I know two former residents. Both got competitive fellowships and spoke highly of the program. One continues to work there. Good luck, it strikes me as a solid program

Very good, but I heard in the last few years they had some issues with their heart transplant program. I think they might only be doing valves and CABGs now, not sure about VADs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on my interview day impression last year, it seemed very strong. Very underrated. Happy residents, strong training, solid fellowship match, good location within Philadelphia. More residents showed up to the pre-interview dinner than the applicants, which says a lot about how content the residents are. I ended up matching in another city for personal reasons, but Jefferson was my #1 choice outside the city I matched at.

Based on my interview day impression last year, it seemed very strong. Very underrated. Happy residents, strong training, solid fellowship match, good location within Philadelphia. More residents showed up to the pre-interview dinner than the applicants, which says a lot about how content the residents are. I ended up matching in another city for personal reasons, but Jefferson was my #1 choice outside the city I matched at.

Or maybe they're poor and wanted to eat dinner on the program's dime lol

Reactions: 3 users