Jefferson MD/PhD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giggles

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten feedback from Jefferson after MD/PhD interview, i.e. did you get accepted or rejected. Please let me know, I got in the MD program, but I really, really want the MD/PhD. Thanks in advance. :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by giggles
Has anyone gotten feedback from Jefferson after MD/PhD interview, i.e. did you get accepted or rejected. Please let me know, I got in the MD program, but I really, really want the MD/PhD. Thanks in advance. :love:

Hi Giggles. Welcome to the boards!! :)

Which Jefferson interview date were you at? Dec 11 or the one in Nov?

Typically, the MD/PhD program SAYS they decide within a month or so, but last year a girl from my school STILL hadn't heard from the program after May 15th! She got her MD acceptance early as well.

Also, Jeff MD/PhD is weird in that they will ONLY make 5 offers initially - the number spots they have. Usually schools offer more acceptances than spots they have, anticipating some will turn down the offer. However, Jeff makes 5 initial offers (out of the 40-50 they interview - not the greatest odds) and waitlists a bunch. Theyll make offers off the top of their waitlist only after people withdraw, which they sometimes people don't until May 15th.

If you want to check up on them, call Jessie Pervall. And let me know how it goes. Good luck!

Thanks for the respone CaNEM, i interviewed early November, so it has been quite a bit. Oh well... i guess i just have to be a li'l more patient.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, they are offering fully-funded spots. In fact, if i am right, all the openings are fully funded.

Ah I was asking because I thought in the past they did not offer fully-funded spots. My friend at Jeff says that he thinks this is the first year they offered full funding. I didn't apply there because I didn't think they were funded and up until recently it didn't say so on their website. Oh well!

Originally posted by Neuronix
Ah I was asking because I thought in the past they did not offer fully-funded spots. My friend at Jeff says that he thinks this is the first year they offered full funding. I didn't apply there because I didn't think they were funded and up until recently it didn't say so on their website. Oh well!

This year and last year, Jefferson offered funded spots. For a few years before that, they did not, although they did fund a few spots in the past. Obviously, because of this inconsistency, they do not receive MSTP funding. If they stick with it this time, perhaps in the future.

Originally posted by CaNEM
This year and last year, Jefferson offered funded spots. For a few years before that, they did not, although they did fund a few spots in the past. Obviously, because of this inconsistency, they do not receive MSTP funding. If they stick with it this time, perhaps in the future.

It will be awhile. There's alot of schools looking for MSTP funding who have well established MD/PhD programs with all the bells and whistles (UMaryland for example). Doesn't seem like NIH has the money to spend to really expand the program.