Jefferson or LIU for Pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VisualPurple

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which would be the better pharmacy school - Jefferson or LIU? I got accepted to Jefferson with a scholarship and I have received an interview invite from LIU. If in case I get accepted to LIU, where do you recommend I go and why? Please share anything you know about these schools and their curriculum. Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Which would be the better pharmacy school - Jefferson or LIU? I got accepted to Jefferson with a scholarship and I have received an interview invite from LIU. If in case I get accepted to LIU, where do you recommend I go and why? Please share anything you know about these schools and their curriculum. Thank You!

If you dont mind sharing, how did you get a scholarship? Are you talking about the matching of your deposit or full ride?

But I am in the same boat I got accepted to Jefferson and interviewing at LIU as well. Here is my opinion on both. I know about LIU just because i have a friend who is going there and showed me around.

Jefferson
-Faculty is amazing and are really considerate and want to help their students. (I talked to a few of them during my interview on a personal basis)
-They have a ton of affilations and resources.
-The school has several different healthcare fields on campus and it is strictly a graduate school. which is good because then the school would focus more of their funding into the program.
-They have a hospital onsite!
-Circulum is structured in a way where they go back to the basics the first year then hit you with tougher courses later on. This is understandable because not everyone who comes in to school with a bachleors degree will remember everything and then some from undergrad.
-The area is decent but once you hit south philly it becomes shady.

LIU
-They have a sound structured circulum but they favor their undergrad candidates more then transfer students.
-It is strictly a learn on your own campus and from what I know dont jump to help you.
-They are not big on research.
-Its a very closed off campus and sometimes students tell me that they feel caged (hence the area is not all that terrific).
-Not very innovative and the campus has a really old feeling.

Again this is just my opinion but i would look elsewhere because only you can decide where you feel comfortable. I would say to wait for your interview at LIU then decide.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just interviewed at Jefferson and was enthralled. I haven't heard the greatest things about LIU.

If you dont mind sharing, how did you get a scholarship? Are you talking about the matching of your deposit or full ride?

But I am in the same boat I got accepted to Jefferson and interviewing at LIU as well. Here is my opinion on both. I know about LIU just because i have a friend who is going there and showed me around.

Jefferson
-Faculty is amazing and are really considerate and want to help their students. (I talked to a few of them during my interview on a personal basis)
-They have a ton of affilations and resources.
-The school has several different healthcare fields on campus and it is strictly a graduate school. which is good because then the school would focus more of their funding into the program.
-They have a hospital onsite!
-Circulum is structured in a way where they go back to the basics the first year then hit you with tougher courses later on. This is understandable because not everyone who comes in to school with a bachleors degree will remember everything and then some from undergrad.
-The area is decent but once you hit south philly it becomes shady.

LIU
-They have a sound structured circulum but they favor their undergrad candidates more then transfer students.
-It is strictly a learn on your own campus and from what I know dont jump to help you.
-They are not big on research.
-Its a very closed off campus and sometimes students tell me that they feel caged (hence the area is not all that terrific).
-Not very innovative and the campus has a really old feeling.

Again this is just my opinion but i would look elsewhere because only you can decide where you feel comfortable. I would say to wait for your interview at LIU then decide.

Thank you for the input!! According to Jeff's website, the school selects students for the scholarship based on previous academic achievement. So I am guessing they selected me for the scholarship because on my GPA.

Last edited:
Go to Jefferson. I fell in love with the place when I went there for an interview back in 2008 but unfortunately I didn't get accepted there.

I hated LIU with a passion even as an undergrad. Should have gone to St. Johns.

Yes, I loved Jefferson too when I interviewed there!

Go to Jefferson. I fell in love with the place when I went there for an interview back in 2008 but unfortunately I didn't get accepted there.

I hated LIU with a passion even as an undergrad. Should have gone to St. Johns.

Thank you! Where did you go for pharmacy school?

Hi , I am international student. I completed my two years of pharmD from Pakistan. I moved here a month ago. Would you please explain about the admission process for pharmacy schools?