Jefferson PMM Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

streetlight

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my interview for the accelerated 6-year BS/MD program for PennSt/Jefferson yesterday. Of the 100 applicants, I'd say there were two whites, and the rest indian and oriental.

Although I walked into Jefferson feeling not too into the school or program, I was thoroughly impressed with the program. I had an interview with a triple-board pediatric doctor who was extremely nice and I had a great afternoon.

They claim that the 20-30 students who go through the program all get into their match residency programs except for extremely rare cases. Is this something typical of most top 50 medical schools or something I should be impressed by?

Anyway so of the 100 interviewed, 50 of us will be accepted. I wonder if it was a mistake to tell the interviewer that I was accepted EA to MIT...

Members don't see this ad.

Kid...don't throw racial terms around like that. Do you have problems with being in a group of Asian-Americans, whether or not you are in fact one? Call me a little PC if you will, I have no problems with that tag.

camisho said:
Kid...don't throw racial terms around like that. Do you have problems with being in a group of Asian-Americans, whether or not you are in fact one? Call me a little PC if you will, I have no problems with that tag.

i actually get pissed at people that are pc, but that little extraneous comment was a little offense to me, even tho i'm not an "oriental"... i guess i only feel offended when the person throwing around those terms thinks nothing of it (the sign of an ignorant or true racist)