Jefferson waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Has anyone been offered acceptance to Jefferson after being on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Jefferson said they wanted to see my transcript for this semester's classes before they offered me anything. They said I had to get an 'A' in my upper level Bio class and 2nd level chem lab. Kind of insulted that they gave me this ultimatum and are not judging my application as a whole. What if I got an A- in what of those classes? I'm going somewhere else instead.

Jefferson said they wanted to see my transcript for this semester's classes before they offered me anything.

This same thing happened to me! I guess this is a way of weeding out folks on the cusp! I actually think that Jefferson's main focus is on their 3+3 program so a number of spots are already reserved for incoming Juniors. There were lots of Freshman and parents at the open house I attended who were applying for the accelerated program. I have been told that the class is, on average, younger than most other area programs and I am assuming that this is part of the reason. In the end I am sure that they have a student body with a strong academic record but I imagine it is not a very diverse group.

Members don't see this ad :)
i was accepted at jefferson and will probably be going there, but i understand your concerns there. i dont think their admissions prcocess is fantastic. no interview, no gre scores (gre scores im happy about though). not a whole of room to distinguish yourself. my science grades are really strong, which i think is why i was accepted.

im fairly certain they only accept 8 people through the 3-3 program, and theyre all from other schools as jefferson doesnt have an undergrad. im also 26, so hopefully im not going to the only older student there haha.

hope things work out for you

Sorry, that last message I posted above was directed at MuscleHead.

I just feel like of those students that are waitlisted, it seems as though none are being offered spots in the program. And we have no way of knowing where we fall on the waitlist. Stinks....

Sorry, that last message I posted above was directed at MuscleHead.

I just feel like of those students that are waitlisted, it seems as though none are being offered spots in the program. And we have no way of knowing where we fall on the waitlist. Stinks....
i was not on the waitlist. call don sharples and see what he tells you. not sure if he can give u any info but its worth a shot.

I'll be attending Jefferson's program in the fall. Eventhough i wasn't waitlisted, from my experience applying, Don Sharples is very understanding and caring for concerns you may have. I kept in contact with him throughout fall semester and by me showing great interest in the program, i think that helped a great deal in gaining acceptance. Remember that everyone accepted to the program doesn't mean that all will be going, so there may be spots available. My advice is to let Don know how interested you are in the program and simply ask him what it will take to be taken off the waitlist. Good luck, hope this helps!

I'll be attending Jefferson's program in the fall. Eventhough i wasn't waitlisted, from my experience applying, Don Sharples is very understanding and caring for concerns you may have. I kept in contact with him throughout fall semester and by me showing great interest in the program, i think that helped a great deal in gaining acceptance. Remember that everyone accepted to the program doesn't mean that all will be going, so there may be spots available. My advice is to let Don know how interested you are in the program and simply ask him what it will take to be taken off the waitlist. Good luck, hope this helps!
Thank you very much for your post, I really appreciate it. I'll let you know how it goes :)