Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MuscleHead

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here been admitted to Jeff? I dont know why, but i feel like i am seeing many more rejections and waitlists here than anywhere else. and quite honestly i cant recall reading that anyone on here was accepted. i'm currently waiting an admissions decision. they screwed up my application, big time. they have a supplemental application that they email you once they dowload the ptcas application. anyway, they emailed that to an email address i no longer use (i must have requested info from them years ago - bc i definitely did not list that email address anywhere throughout the application process). anyway, i had everything in by the 1st week of november. it took until the 1st week of janurary for them to realize they used the wrong email address and that i had never filled out the supplemental application. so, the review got significantly delayed.

anyway....just want to see if anyone on here is in the running

Members don't see this ad.

As you might know, I withdrew my application from there due to the fact they wanted me to repeat some of my older science courses. Would have been nice for their program literature to state their limit... However, while interviewing at Temple, I did speak to a few people who were accepted into Jefferson. So there are at least 5 people out there...

Sorry they screwed up your application! :( Good luck!!

As you might know, I withdrew my application from there due to the fact they wanted me to repeat some of my older science courses. Would have been nice for their program literature to state their limit... However, while interviewing at Temple, I did speak to a few people who were accepted into Jefferson. So there are at least 5 people out there...

Sorry they screwed up your application! :( Good luck!!
any other jeff applicants out there?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied, they said they wanted to see this semester's spring grades before they made a decision. I don't think I'll be going there anyway though.

I applied, they said they wanted to see this semester's spring grades before they made a decision. I don't think I'll be going there anyway though.
how many courses did u have outstanding?

When I applied they said they wanted to see my Fall grades before deciding. After a 4.0 in my post-bacc work I got a C in Physics. I sent them that transcript and received the rejection about a week later. I figured that would be the outcome but I wasn't disappointed because based on my other acceptances I wasn't planning to attend.

how many courses did u have outstanding?

They basically sent me a letter saying I had to get an 'A' in my second level one credit chem lab and upper level bio course to be considered. I'm going to go to UConn though.

When I applied they said they wanted to see my Fall grades before deciding. After a 4.0 in my post-bacc work I got a C in Physics. I sent them that transcript and received the rejection about a week later. I figured that would be the outcome but I wasn't disappointed because based on my other acceptances I wasn't planning to attend.

Their loss, in my opinion! If all they are looking at is numbers and not the individual, then their class won't be diverse. Straight As don't equate to being a fabulous clinician. There are many other factors to consider. Straight As and 1 C?! Not a good sign at all and not a program I'd want to attend.

They basically sent me a letter saying I had to get an 'A' in my second level one credit chem lab and upper level bio course to be considered. I'm going to go to UConn though.

That is why Uconn has one of the best PT programs in the nation and Jefferson is well...lacking. Let us hope that a mere single class grade would not be a determining factor in an admission decision. I think they had many qualified applicants and you were o ne, and they just didnt have the available spots, so just gave you some bull**** response, instead of just telling you the truth. I guess they wanted to put it on you and not on the nature of the application process at their school.

Their loss, in my opinion! If all they are looking at is numbers and not the individual, then their class won't be diverse. Straight As don't equate to being a fabulous clinician. There are many other factors to consider. Straight As and 1 C?! Not a good sign at all and not a program I'd want to attend.
jefferson should interview people too. every school should. how much can u really tell about a person from grades and gre scores?

In my opinion Jefferson did not give much opportunity to set yourself apart from other applicants aside from grades and gre scores. Only two of the five schools I applied to held interviews but at least the other schools gave you an opportunity to describe yourself in greater detail through supplemental essays, etc. I know they all say that grades are the most important and I get that but, especially as a non traditional student, I have a lot more (than grades) to offer and I am not sure that I was able to really communicate that to Jefferson. I am sure they will end up with a fabulous class but it may not be a very diverse group!

In my opinion Jefferson did not give much opportunity to set yourself apart from other applicants aside from grades and gre scores. Only two of the five schools I applied to held interviews but at least the other schools gave you an opportunity to describe yourself in greater detail through supplemental essays, etc. I know they all say that grades are the most important and I get that but, especially as a non traditional student, I have a lot more (than grades) to offer and I am not sure that I was able to really communicate that to Jefferson. I am sure they will end up with a fabulous class but it may not be a very diverse group!
i dont know how many people on here applied to jeff....but is anyone out there still waiting? i was told that i would here a decision within a month of my application going under review (which was the first week of january). ive checked my mail like everyday since then. still nothing. i emailed the coordinator today and he said that i would hear in a few weeks. i'm getting the feeling that the lack of an answer could be a good thing being that ive heard a lot of people getting rejected already. but who knows. im just sick and tired of waiting.

jefferson should interview people too. every school should. how much can u really tell about a person from grades and gre scores?

Hey muscle head, Since your grammer so good, how come you cannot get into PT school. ANd mine suck and I get into school. HA HA:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I even get into Jefferson too. Too bad I wont be going to see your stupid ass there. Oh that if you get in to any school. You are HEXs. ha ha

I even get into Jefferson too. Too bad I wont be going to see your stupid ass there. Oh that if you get in to any school. You are HEXs. ha ha
"You are Hexs"? I have no idea what you're talking about.

And to answer your question, i've been accepted to pt school already

"You are Hexs"? I have no idea what you're talking about.

And to answer your question, i've been accepted to pt school already

You have no idea what am talking about, because you are an *******.

You have no idea what am talking about, because you are an *******.
dude you're clearly a troll. i've been nothing but helpful and professional on this site. i simply asked you about your writing and you freaked out. calm the hell down.

so are you a forerigner or something?

and for those following aside from yjmally, i was accepted at jefferson today!

Congrats! You are on a roll now. So what will you do? I think Jeff was one of your top right?

dude you're clearly a troll. i've been nothing but helpful and professional on this site. i simply asked you about your writing and you freaked out. calm the hell down.

so are you a forerigner or something?

and for those following aside from yjmally, i was accepted at jefferson today!

DUDE!! ha ha, am not a dude you idiot, The name you use on this forum said it all. It doesn't matter if I am a (FOREIGNER which is the correct spelling), this forum is not for you to critique other people post and let them feel like ****. It was meant for people to find info on schools that they are interesting in.

Congrats! You are on a roll now. So what will you do? I think Jeff was one of your top right?
Thanks!! not sure what i'm going to do yet. i'm interviewing this friday and i have awhile to submit a deposit at jeff so, it will probably come down to those 2 schools. if i dont get into temple i'll probably choose jeff

Thanks!! not sure what i'm going to do yet. i'm interviewing this friday and i have awhile to submit a deposit at jeff so, it will probably come down to those 2 schools. if i dont get into temple i'll probably choose jeff

CONGRATS!!!! And good luck at your interview at Temple on Friday! :)

Yeah, I applied to Jefferson but eventually not intend to go. I've not been to the campus and know nobody there. How is the program??

Yeah, I applied to Jefferson but eventually not intend to go. I've not been to the campus and know nobody there. How is the program??
from what ive read and understand its a solid program. long standing reputation and is connected to a very major health system. in a great location in center city. im gonna have to visit to see everything for myself though

cool. Pls let me know how it goes!!

i dont know how many people on here applied to jeff....but is anyone out there still waiting? i was told that i would here a decision within a month of my application going under review (which was the first week of january)...

MuscleHead: My PTCAS app got sent out on Jan 26...I got a letter from Jeff saying they got it about 10 business days later (right before I got the email for the supp app)....filled that out, and about 2 weeks later I got my rejection.

Fortunately I wasnt sitting around hoping they'd take me, because based on what I know about some of their other grad programs , I wasnt really interested (email if you REALLY want to hear the story)

MuscleHead, congrats on getting into the program...do you plan on going to Jefferson? What got you interested with this program? I was accepted in Feb and hopefully will be there for the fall. I visited there last summer and the location couldn't be any better. Facilities are all technologically up to date and close walking distance from each other. The program is designed for evidence based practice and what is awesome is each semester, teams are joined (students...med/pt/ot/nurse) and work together on assessing and treating patients (actors). There is a building on campus where a couple floors mock a hospital setting this happens. Looking forward to seeing ya in the fall if your going!

MuscleHead, congrats on getting into the program...do you plan on going to Jefferson? What got you interested with this program? I was accepted in Feb and hopefully will be there for the fall. I visited there last summer and the location couldn't be any better. Facilities are all technologically up to date and close walking distance from each other. The program is designed for evidence based practice and what is awesome is each semester, teams are joined (students...med/pt/ot/nurse) and work together on assessing and treating patients (actors). There is a building on campus where a couple floors mock a hospital setting this happens. Looking forward to seeing ya in the fall if your going!
im definitely going to jefferson. im from the philadelphia area, and around here, jefferson is basically a household name for health care. i applied for all of the same reason you did, and when i visited 2 weeks ago, i was convinced. i'll be there this fall

Sigh....got my rejection letter yesterday.
I'm getting rejected so much these days it's bad for my self-image!

Sigh....got my rejection letter yesterday.
I'm getting rejected so much these days it's bad for my self-image!
sorry to hear that. its pretty competitive. jefferson apparently had 900 applicants. i think i squeaked my way in.