Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psu17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from Jefferson? I completed the supplemental app last week and they processed my fee. Curious if anyone has any information on how long they usually take. The only posts I found on here were people saying they were waitlisted from December through April..ugh.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Jefferson very early (end of August) I sent in my supplemental fee like a month and a half later. I still haven't heard from them, and I anticipate that I will not hear from them until sometime next year, maybe january or february. Their application deadline is in May so.....I'm just saying, they may take a while.

Yeah - that's what I figured after reading some posts from previous years - but it is rolling admissions so they should be accepting applications as they receive them

oh well, thanks for the reply

Members don't see this ad :)
but it is rolling admissions
That's what I'm saying!!!!

Anyway, Jefferson is pretty expensive; about $150 for three years, but this includes tuition, books, living expenses (I found this information from someone who was accepted their and he broke down the financial aid they gave him here on this forum).

The reason why I applied there is because I wanted to apply broadly to have a better chance of being accepted since my GPA isn't the best. Now that I already was accepted to a school, I find myself not caring about other programs as much (except of course my top choices Temple, Shenandoah, and even Howard = 2.5 years).

What is your opinion of their program. It is a prestigious school? Am I right? Not that I care about the school name, im just asking.

Anyone here have their own opinions as well.

I knew it was expensive but had no idea it was 150! :thumbdown:

In all honestly, I applied to Jefferson because I was told by multiple people that they tend to like students from my undergrad university. I know of a lot of people from my school who got accepted to Jefferson. I guess Jefferson is really familiar with our Kines program
Since I also have lower stats I applied mainly to the schools that I thought I could get into, as it sounds like you did also

I really don't care about school name either. If (by some miracle:xf:) I am accepted to multiple places I will be more concerned with cost, location, and the program itself. I think the only school I applied to with a really good reputation is MGH, which is expensive also, and the only school I applied to that may be unknown to a lot of people is Slippery Rock, which is cheap and close to where I live. So it will just be a matter of weighing the pros and cons.

I really don't know much about reputation of schools, though.
I do think it is considered a good program, although this could just be from hearing about so many people going there from undergrad. I'm told the area that it is in is nice, which is good because I'm concerned about moving to Phili.

I would also like to hear about what people think of the school

Did you have to put down a deposit for the school you were accepted to?

I applied to Jefferson too since I have some relatives in philly. I haven't heard from them yet since PTCAs just mailed out my stuff today.

What's the supplemental app for them since they haven't contacted me yet? Is it another essay?! :(

Do they conduct interviews? Hopefully not just because I don't want to fly all over the place unless I have to since I'm from CA lol

The supplemental app is super easy and takes 2 minutes, so no worries, no essays. :) You will probably get it within the next couple days. I got mine 2 days after the mailing date.
I'm pretty sure their sup app is just to get an extra $25 from students

and no, I don't believe they conduct interviews - although I'm not positive

i wouldnt recommend jefferson to anyone.. i have yet to hear one good thing about them except from my boss who praises jefferson. i knew a few friends who applied there last year and some of them never even got a reply..nothing.. and the other didn't hear back til about 6 months after he sent in his app.

I have to send them a letter that I am accepting a spot by November 29 then to deposit $500 by January 31, 2011 to save my spot at Southwest Baptist University. Which is plenty of time for Temple to get back at me after I interview next week on the 12th. Hopefully, Shenandoah will get back at me quick too, so I dont have to send in the $500. I don't think TJU has interviews.

I have to fly all over the place just so I can tell myself that I did everything I can to get into a program. And it is good experience and practice.

wait Jbizzle are you saying you got a letter of acceptance from Jefferson?

wait Jbizzle are you saying you got a letter of acceptance from Jefferson?
No, That was a response from the post above it. I was talking about acceptance letter from Southwest Baptist University and they need my deposit by that time.

im a first year student at jefferson. PM me if you have any questions.

hey I just got an email from Jefferson to do the supplemental. I logged in with the ID and pin they gave me but when it asks me to "select an application type" I only see "Physical therapy- Grad TDPT only". I logged out and logged in again and just clicked on my "fall 2011" and i found that instead. that's the only thing we fill out right?

Thanks!

hey I just got an email from Jefferson to do the supplemental. I logged in with the ID and pin they gave me but when it asks me to "select an application type" I only see "Physical therapy- Grad TDPT only". I logged out and logged in again and just clicked on my "fall 2011" and i found that instead. that's the only thing we fill out right?

Thanks!

Yes, thats all I filled out. After I filled it out I haven't received anything else from them. Its been about 1.5 months now since I filled my supplemental app. I really don't care if I get accepted there anymore, but it would be nice though

I applied to jefferson in early august and I still haven't heard anything. . . so we're all in the same boat :)