1K Member
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2003
Dallas, TX
Visit site
Status
A few of you have asked me why I don't post the way I used to post with in depth and comprehensive answers to a variety of questions.

One reason is that I became fed up with pseudo anesthesiologists (Justin 4563, etc.) and nurses or nurse impersonators coming to this once informative and idea-sharing haven and turning it into a wasteland of relentless repetition and aggravation.

In solidarity with Jet, I am banishing myself from posting for the next week. If the moderators can't differentiate between those who consistently put forth an effort to make this an educational and informative environment and those who constantly needle and rehash old confrontational topics, then I don't have anything else to contribute to this board that is worth the time wading through the BS to post.

Jet has been a constant source of information, good humor, and encouragement, as well as a great example of perserverance in both his personal and professional lives and to ban him for even a week is among the worst mistakes this board has ever made. If you can't control the element that seeks to destabilize the purpose and efforts of the contributing members of the board, then don't get upset when one of us gets fed up with the crap and puts fingers to the keyboard to respond to it. It's hard to "just ignore it" when people talk about your professional life with a perspective far from what any of us has gone through to reach this point.

Good luck and good fortune to the contributors and young minds looking forward to a future as an anesthesiologist. To the troublemakers, give yourselves a pat on the back if you think you really are significant in any way, shape, or form to the people that made this board what it used to be.

cloud9

King of my realm
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Northeastern South Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
UTSouthwestern said:
A few of you have asked me why I don't post the way I used to post with in depth and comprehensive answers to a variety of questions.

One reason is that I became fed up with pseudo anesthesiologists (Justin 4563, etc.) and nurses or nurse impersonators coming to this once informative and idea-sharing haven and turning it into a wasteland of relentless repetition and aggravation.

In solidarity with Jet, I am banishing myself from posting for the next week. If the moderators can't differentiate between those who consistently put forth an effort to make this an educational and informative environment and those who constantly needle and rehash old confrontational topics, then I don't have anything else to contribute to this board that is worth the time wading through the BS to post.

Jet has been a constant source of information, good humor, and encouragement, as well as a great example of perserverance in both his personal and professional lives and to ban him for even a week is among the worst mistakes this board has ever made. If you can't control the element that seeks to destabilize the purpose and efforts of the contributing members of the board, then don't get upset when one of us gets fed up with the crap and puts fingers to the keyboard to respond to it. It's hard to "just ignore it" when people talk about your professional life with a perspective far from what any of us has gone through to reach this point.

Good luck and good fortune to the contributors and young minds looking forward to a future as an anesthesiologist. To the troublemakers, give yourselves a pat on the back if you think you really are significant in any way, shape, or form to the people that made this board what it used to be.
Instead of eliminating yourself all together, why not just post strictly in the Private forum. Lets make it what it was designed to be.

blocks

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bay Area
Status
How do we get into the private forum? I was gone for a while, now the links are different and I can't get in. :confused:

About the Ads

SleepIsGood

Support the ASA !
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
blocks said:
How do we get into the private forum? I was gone for a while, now the links are different and I can't get in. :confused:
blocks...follow the directions at the top of the anesthesiology forum. the thread was stickied by Lee Burnett. Once you send in the request I'll take care of the rest ;)

I agree...I've sort of resorted to just posting in the private forum ...

Cap'nOblivious

SRNA
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
Status
Other Health Professions Student
UTSouthwestern said:

For the record: it appears as though Jet was banned for lyrics in toughlife's billboard post, and was not in response to trolling by SRNA's/CRNA's. It has been very polite around here lately, in spite of toughlife's best attempt to troll-bait.

racerx

ASA Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2001
Status
Attending Physician
cloud9 said:
Instead of eliminating yourself all together, why not just post strictly in the Private forum. Lets make it what it was designed to be.
Some of us are waiting to start medical school (c'mon 08/23/06), and don't qualify for the private boards. If you all post ONLY to the private boards, those of us interested in anesthesiology and who like to read about your experiences will have no information available to us. If there is no sharing of information/experiences, we 'may' tend toward other specialties. :(

I hope it doesn't end up being a private forum only deal, as those of us interested in the specialty that can't get into the private area suffer for the sins of the jerks that like stirring up stuff around here.

Ian

DreamMachine

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
Status
Attending Physician

SleepIsGood

Support the ASA !
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Firstly, I do not agree with those that state ToughLife was attempting to stir things up on here. Toughlife simply posted a pic (physical evidence) of what we all have been saying could never happen. It further illustrates that the AANA is a very aggressive group ready to utilize any strategy to advance their motives. How is that stirring anything up? Rather it is proof of what is yet to come. In fact we should congratulate his efforts to step it up and find time in his busy year to post something like that on SDN. :cool:

cfdavid

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
racerx said:
Some of us are waiting to start medical school (c'mon 08/23/06), and don't qualify for the private boards. If you all post ONLY to the private boards, those of us interested in anesthesiology and who like to read about your experiences will have no information available to us. If there is no sharing of information/experiences, we 'may' tend toward other specialties. :(

I hope it doesn't end up being a private forum only deal, as those of us interested in the specialty that can't get into the private area suffer for the sins of the jerks that like stirring up stuff around here.

Ian
I'm in the same boat. I start orientation on Monday. I've emailed the PD of my schools anesthesiology department to see if he'd be willing to sign the override form. But, he never replied (suprise...lol) . So, I won't be able to post in the private forum until I can track this guy down for a signature.

Just be patient, and when you start (very soon), try getting that signature and send/email/fax (not sure of the protocol off hand, but it's posted) in the ASA form signed by the PD at your school (or affiliated teaching hospital).

I agree though, that the normal forum should still be a place for discussion. But, for strategic and political purposes, the private forum is a great idea and I'm looking forward to getting involved over there.

cfdavid

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
UTSouthwestern said:

grass roots political activism at its finest! :thumbup:

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
level at FL210
Status
UTSouthwestern said:

Thanks for your show of support, UT.

I've been bonded out early by a cuppla good guys.

Kinda puts a bad taste in my mouth though...getting banned for posting Dr Dre lyrics in a comedic fashion....hmmmm

Reminds me of many administrators I work/worked with who try and justify their existence with useless/stupid actions/policy generation/endless memos/endless generation of "mandatory" meetings etc etc....

oh well. now back to your normally scheduled program.

Zeffer

"My dog ate em. I swear thats the truth!"
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
jetproppilot said:
Reminds me of many administrators I work/worked with who try and justify their existence with useless/stupid actions/policy generation/endless memos/endless generation of "mandatory" meetings etc etc....

oh well. QUOTE]

So Jet whats this I've been hearing about problems with your TPS reports? I'll get you a copy of that memo.

cloud9

King of my realm
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Northeastern South Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Zeffer said:
jetproppilot said:

oh well. QUOTE]

So Jet whats this I've been hearing about problems with your TPS reports? I'll get you a copy of that memo.
You don't have my stapler do you? A red one?

cdql

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
Boston
Status
Medical Student
cloud9 said:
Zeffer said:
You don't have my stapler do you? A red one?
Umm...I believe you have my stapler

I could take my travelers checks over to a competing resort

The ratio of people to cake is too big

Okay...but...I could burn down the building

About the Ads