I implore you to disregard the first comment here. These are collectively considered the best medical schools in the country, and there's nothing HMS could offer you over these other options that's worth $400k in debt, especially considering the fact that you are currently interested in a relatively low earning academic specialty. This really should be between HMS and JHU.
I don't stay up to date on prestige games, but I'm honestly extremely skeptical of the claim that UCSF has "lost its edge." I'd be very wary of looking at one match list in one year to assess how well students do in matching into competitive specialties. This year UCSF matched 19 students into "DOPEN" + similarly competitive specialties such as I6 CT surg or urology (this number is already way higher than the vast majority of schools in the country). But just last year, the number was 33. Does that suggest that in just one year UCSF's ability to match competitive specialties has decreased by 40%? I imagine you're too smart to believe that. Preferences fluctuate by class and one thing that has certainly not changed is the caliber of the programs that UCSF students match into, regardless of which specialties they choose. I can't speak to the funding concern, but I imagine lots of schools are facing similar pressures under our current administration.