Job Advertisement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

May be a good opportunity, for the right candidate. Suspect it's a very rural area. If you're okay with that, may be fine. Also suspect the buy-in will be over-priced, as most solo practitioners looking to retire over-value their practices. Probably not a predatory practice, though (e.g., one looking to profit off of short-term employees).
 
yeah this is rural Oregon, probably middle of no where. This is not unheard of, I know plenty of folks in small town American making ~500K as comprehensive ophtho's.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm...seems like it could be a good gig for a few years. Work there, save money, pay off loans, then move somewhere else closer to a metro and make less.
 
Hmm...seems like it could be a good gig for a few years. Work there, save money, pay off loans, then move somewhere else closer to a metro and make less.

I might be the odd person out here, but I see moving closer to a metro as a negative. I'll be rural as quickly as I can after residency. Give me the woods and the river over the city skyline any day. Nice to see that I may actually make more income that way. Didn't really expect that when I started medical school.
 
i might be the odd person out here, but i see moving closer to a metro as a negative. I'll be rural as quickly as i can after residency. Give me the woods and the river over the city skyline any day. Nice to see that i may actually make more income that way. Didn't really expect that when i started medical school.

ditto!
 
I might be the odd person out here, but I see moving closer to a metro as a negative. I'll be rural as quickly as I can after residency. Give me the woods and the river over the city skyline any day. Nice to see that I may actually make more income that way. Didn't really expect that when I started medical school.

Same here except I chose a health profession for this fact. At least we are alike in this regard 🙂
 
Same here except I chose a health profession for this fact. At least we are alike in this regard 🙂

We're kind of both outspoken @$$holes too. Differences aside we'd probably work well together.