Job Advice: Be Brutally Honest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

blurbpharm

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. I am currently a pharmacy student and recently started an internship position. At the interview, they had asked me if I planned on staying in the area for a few years to which I said yes. At the time, I thought I was. However, due to personal/financial reasons, I may have to move closer to family. Would it be a bad thing to leave my current job at the 1 year mark? Asking pharmacists that I know, I have received advice that maybe I will burn the bridge since they asked that question at the interview. I have also been told that they will understand because I am in school. I know pharmacy is a small world and I would like to keep positive relationships.
 
I would be honest and just tell them some family/financial issues came up that were not present before. They should be able to understand; I’m sure they have families as well. If not then that might not be the best place for you anyway.