• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Job difficulty in COVID19 era

cuddlycacti

2+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2016
  1. Resident [Any Field]
PGY3 graduating in 5 weeks - was planning on doing hospitalist locums but there is zero demand right now. Tried to apply to per diem hospitalist positions but that isn't promising either due to furloughs being made hospital wide. Anyone else having issues or am I the only one having a panic attack Q4H? That fellowship making 65k per year seems really nice right about now....

SurfingDoctor

"I'm having a wonderful time"
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2005
Omicron Persei 8
  1. Attending Physician
PGY3 graduating in 5 weeks - was planning on doing hospitalist locums but there is zero demand right now. Tried to apply to per diem hospitalist positions but that isn't promising either due to furloughs being made hospital wide. Anyone else having issues or am I the only one having a panic attack Q4H? That fellowship making 65k per year seems really nice right about now....
Well, you have to realize that 1) children really aren’t effected by COVID so you’re not seeing the demand for locums like in adults and 2) hospitals are hemorrhaging money at this point... like millions of dollars in the red. Not to sound doom or gloom, but most places are only doing marginally not to fire people. It’s probably best to expand your options and take what you can get.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.