Job Hunting Questions

Started by iceborne
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iceborne

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sure at this time of the year, many of us are looking for jobs. And as such, i was wondering if there are important questions that we all should be raised to a potential employer.

for example, is it too tact to ask for how much they're willing to pay when contacted over the phone or wait and let them propose in a future interview?

what should you ask if given the chance over the phone; ie.. "do you have any questions"?

I've never been a question guy, always going with the flow, so please help me.
 
Are you talking about jobs after graduation or just for the summer? I can't tell from the post.
If grad:
Normally, I think that it is something that you need to talk about in person, especially if you are going in as an associate. Eg... how the lab fees will be figured in, etc... It seems kind of inapproproate to descuss over the phone unless geography is an issue.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ca_dreamin' said:
Are you talking about jobs after graduation or just for the summer? I can't tell from the post.
If grad:
Normally, I think that it is something that you need to talk about in person, especially if you are going in as an associate. Eg... how the lab fees will be figured in, etc... It seems kind of inapproproate to descuss over the phone unless geography is an issue.


I was talking about jobs after graduation. trying to come up with a list of questions to ask.
 
I would not ask about the salary during the preliminary phone interview. Every interview is a negotiation. They say 70K, you say 90$ and you find a middle ground. 1st meet the boss. check out the clinic and meet the staff.
 
iceborne said:
I was talking about jobs after graduation. trying to come up with a list of questions to ask.

It's good to know what types of procedures you will be doing...will you be doing restorative while the other doc does pros all day, etc...

Will they be paying for your health ins, malpractice, etc...

You might also want to talk about future plans if you will be staying in the area. Eg: Can you purchase a portion or all of the practice. If you leave, how far away are you required to practice for the next 1-5 years (non-compete).