Job in pharmacy school

Started by axelz165
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

axelz165

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any insights on having a job in pharmacy school? I've been delivering pizza full-time during the summer break between undergrad and pharm school and it's pretty easy and low stress. Anyone think I could keep it up as a part-time job (10-20 hrs/wk) during pharmacy school?
 
Anyone have any insights on having a job in pharmacy school? I've been delivering pizza full-time during the summer break between undergrad and pharm school and it's pretty easy and low stress. Anyone think I could keep it up as a part-time job (10-20 hrs/wk) during pharmacy school?
Until you can get a pharmacy intern job, yes. Once you can work in retail and/or hospital, do those.
 
I definitely think it's worth while to work during school. However, I think you should try your absolute best to score yourself an internship asap. The experience/networking opportunities >>> than the money you make. Until then, every dollar you make is one less that you have to borrow and pay interest on.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, you should be able to keep your job. It's a great way to keep spending money and it will be a nice break from studies.
 
I worked nearly full time during pharmacy school at a local hospital - half inpatient half outpatient - if you have the chance to get a job in pharmacy, do it without even thinking - will likely help you get a job once you are out and you will need all the help you can in today's job market