Job Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gasman654

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

I am starting interviews for a pain job and wanted to ask y’all for any tips and advice ?

From what I’ve gathered , interviews are mainly informal and less like residency interviews. What kind of typical questions should you be expecting ?

Any advice would be appreciated !

Members don't see this ad.

You first have to decide what work setting you're looking for. Hospital pain? Private practice pain group? Interventional pain for a large Ortho group? Interventional pain for a multidisciplinary group?
After that, then you can get better advice for those particular settings.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I am looking at mainly private practice, mostly interventional Pain lead groups but some multidisciplinary (neurology/PMR) as well

Members don't see this ad :)
In private practice, everyone is looking for someone they can work with, not a shining star. They want to know you are likable, speak well, will do your job, and won't cause any trouble.

Relax, its nothing like trying to get a residency position. Very low key and informal. They just want to see who you are and if you would fit in. Generally, they are trying to impress you moreso than the other way around.

Just be a normal guy. That goes a long way.

still, dont show up in a T shirt