Quantcast

Job Market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wthomp03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what's up with the job market in Colorado? Who do you have to do unmentionable things to in order to even find an opening there?

Sessamoid

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Beats me. I've never looked for a job there, but the reputation is that the job market is very tight in Colorado.

NinerNiner999

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of our attendings will be leaving for Boulder in a couple of months. She got a gig at a community hospital (non-academic) without any trouble. She chose it out of three or four in the area...

ERMudPhud

Back for a visit
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
People rarely if ever advertise here and if you see an advertised job it almost certainly has some flaw that has made it hard to fill. Most jobs get filled by word of mouth. If you know someone already in an ED group here that helps a lot. Otherwise people come out here and moonlight at various hospitals until they get offered something full time. That way the groups can check you out first without making any commitments. The mega-groups (EMcare etc...) also have vary low penetrance here so if you sign on with them you are unlikely to find anything in Colorado. When we moved her for my residency my wife wrote to every group in the area, interviewed with a couple and then moonlighted with one group for about 6 months before being offered a full time position. The group I work with just finished hiring about 10 new docs to staff a new hospital and I don't think they advertised for any of those spots.

ERMudPhud

Back for a visit
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
NinerNiner999 said:
One of our attendings will be leaving for Boulder in a couple of months. She got a gig at a community hospital (non-academic) without any trouble. She chose it out of three or four in the area...

What's her name and which hospital? PM me if you want

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.