Job Offer Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmd1701

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I finally got a job offer from another retail as a staff pharmacist, so relieved. I signed the paperwork for job offer and background check and alerted my current manager. So awesome, I waited so long for this day! Then I got a call today and out of nowhere, I got an interview for a long-term care staff position.

So I really would like some opinions on this issue. Interview is a week from now, while the new store is expecting to have me next month. Let's say that I got the job from long-term care. Is it possible for me to decline my first offer despite the fact that I signed all the papers? Long-term care position is my first choice, would be thrilled to be there. I was wondering if anyone had that experience...I don't want to burn any bridges, but I know that's wishful thinking. Would really appreciate it if anyone can chime in.

Members don't see this ad.

Highly unlikely that you can walk away from this job offer without burning the bridge. My vote is to worry about that when you get there. All you have so far is an interview, nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: 1 user
Once you get a job offer at LTC and you decide to take it, talk to your boss to drop to per diem. They like per diem rph, no vaca/benefits paid. You are just another body in a pool of rphs they can call anytime to cover sick time. Win win.

Reactions: 5 users