Job offers for pain fellows

Started by fzwarrior
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fzwarrior

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious, what kind of job offers are fellowship trained physiatrists getting these days? Are you happy you decided to do the extra year fellowship?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whoops I didn't read the title where you did mention pain. Overall I think the market is decent and you will find A job, knowing that it's harder in/around major cities due to saturation of all specialists, where the salaries are also lower.

The best way to think about it is a phrase I read on this forum a few years ago (I forget who said it):

1-Location
2-Salary
3- Practice style (or maybe it was patient population)

Pick 2. Finding the ideal job in all 3 categories is uncommon.
 
1-Location
2-Salary
3- Practice style (or maybe it was patient population)

Pick 2. Finding the ideal job in all 3 categories is uncommon.

Or I've heard:
1- Money
2- Location
3- Hours/schedule/vacation

Pick 2.

You can make good $ in a desirable location, but you will work hard for it.
You can make good $ with a cush schedule in BFE.
etc.