Job Opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nail Bait

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents,

New to this forum, but searching and browsing thought it would be worth a chat. So far have read many posts and think that there is a lot of talent that should be looking to Australia for job opportunities! I am currently a very qualified podiatrist in Australia earning $150K+, but may be moving to China for love. Firstly would like to say that we could use a hell of a lot of you in Australia, and secondly am trying to source what sort of work there would be available to me in China, or possibly further study stuff as well. What do you think?:)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi ladies and gents,

New to this forum, but searching and browsing thought it would be worth a chat. So far have read many posts and think that there is a lot of talent that should be looking to Australia for job opportunities! I am currently a very qualified podiatrist in Australia earning $150K+, but may be moving to China for love. Firstly would like to say that we could use a hell of a lot of you in Australia, and secondly am trying to source what sort of work there would be available to me in China, or possibly further study stuff as well. What do you think?:)

Are there surgical podiatrists in Australia? I was under the impression that pods in Australia were similar to those in Europe where podiatry was a bachelors or masters degree and you were not surgical. What is the deal down under?

There are surgical podiatrists. You complete a bachelor degree, honors, and then a surgical masters followed by an internship. Not that many around, as takes many years. Many in training actually then go over to the states to complete more advanced training.

Thanks for that, didn't think I'd get much but worth having a look around anyway! Cheers.

I met one Aussie pod who was in surgical training when I was clerking at PI last month; he was visiting Atlanta for a week... nice, interesting guy. It sounded like it is a time and labor intensive process to get the surgical training down under. They could probably use some more pod surgeons, but at least you know that the ones who make it through are top notch.

I met one Aussie pod who was in surgical training when I was clerking at PI last month; he was visiting Atlanta for a week... nice, interesting guy. It sounded like it is a time and labor intensive process to get the surgical training down under. They could probably use some more pod surgeons, but at least you know that the ones who make it through are top notch.

Yeah but the surgery scope is very limited. as far as i know they dont do any ankles and complex midfoot stuff.

Last edited: