Job Outlook 2011 for Hem/Onc

Started by asprin81
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

asprin81

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can graduating Hem/Onc Doc talk about what the job market is like for 2011. Salaries, areas of country, number of offers, group vs hospital empolyed, etc. Thanks.
 
I am also interested in the job market for hematology oncology. i will be done 2013 but I heard a lot about hospital based hematology oncology practice from my third years fellows who stated that the solo practice is a dying theme with the Obama health care plan.

What is a good website to start looking for jobs?
Would you go through a recruiter or call the hospitals directly?
What is the salary starty for a recent graduate?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not graduating fellow. But from the information from one senior fellow here, the salary could be low as 140k+ at academic center through 350K + private practice. He finally took a job of mid sized group with 4 oncologist and affiliated hospital with 100+ bed. salary is good

Northeast area.

Welcome more input, please. Let us get this forum meaningful ...
 
I am graduating 6/13. Job market not that great at this moment but I think its too early for 6/13 candidates. Hopefully jobs will open by 12/12 for us.