Job Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starseeker

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of you have any ideas on what would be a good health related job to work with this year off? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

some of the easiest and coolest ones are patient transports. ie. transferring patients to and from various areas in a hospital. Get involved with certain medical clubs at school as well. If they're anything like mine, they have guest speakers that you can keep in touch with or bulletins that state oppurtunities that might interest you.

I'm with Institute on this one. You'll get to talk to patients and stuff, which is always good.

You could also try Phlebotomy. Sticking people may not be glamorous, but pt contact and you get to learn a skill. There is also CLA(Clinical Laboratory Assistant)/Specimen Processor. This is a lab job. Requirments vary by hospital. It's less patient contact, but you can get more exposure to the diagnostic area. Some cool lab tests to learn about.

good luck.

Thanks both of you for taking time out to answer my question. It was a lot of help. I appreciate it. :D