Job Search

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMDoc607

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see plenty of talk about the job market and job search. However, how do most people go about finding a job? I know many people are suspect of recruiters and understandably so but how else do you find a job?

Members don't see this ad.

Word of mouth. Ask the private guys you rotate with if any of the groups they're in are hiring. Ask the reps, they sometimes know too.

I see plenty of talk about the job market and job search. However, how do most people go about finding a job? I know many people are suspect of recruiters and understandably so but how else do you find a job?

I also have wondered the same thing. I mean, if you are doing residency in the West, how are you going to find out about a job in the East, besides using a recruiter/online website? As stated by Trifling Jester above, a lot of it seems to be word of mouth. But that sure must be difficult when dealing with searching for a job in the different area of the country.

For this reason, is it safe to say most residents/fellows end up and settle in the area where they do their training?

Word of mouth. Ask the private guys you rotate with if any of the groups they're in are hiring. Ask the reps, they sometimes know too.

But I am not looking to settle where I am training. There goes that idea. For someone like myself, I have no choice but to go through a recruiter and search online. I found some good ones that I would take in a heartbeat if I was offered.