Job Search

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hizarlow

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just playing around with the tons of free time that I have at school and was looking for veterinary jobs online. I haven't seen much, and was wondering how you go about finding jobs when the time comes.

I would love to do wildlife or zoo medicine, but I understand those are few and far between. So any sites, advice you might have would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I am just playing around with the tons of free time that I have at school and was looking for veterinary jobs online. I haven't seen much, and was wondering how you go about finding jobs when the time comes.

I would love to do wildlife or zoo medicine, but I understand those are few and far between. So any sites, advice you might have would be appreciated.

You'll find that near graduation, you will have to quickly develop some networking skills because undoubtedly your first job will come from knowing someone who knows someone. There are job listings mostly within circles - you might try looking on VIN or the back cover of JAVMA. If your state has a veterinary conference, a lot of times they have interview fairs closer to graduation.

If you are interested in the wildlife or zoo track, you're right - its TOUGH to break in. Try to find some opportunities working in research while in school, or for a zoo vet now, so that you can get a leg up into your internship/zoo internship/residency, etc...