Job Search

Started by hizarlow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hizarlow

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am just playing around with the tons of free time that I have at school and was looking for veterinary jobs online. I haven't seen much, and was wondering how you go about finding jobs when the time comes.

I would love to do wildlife or zoo medicine, but I understand those are few and far between. So any sites, advice you might have would be appreciated.
 
I am just playing around with the tons of free time that I have at school and was looking for veterinary jobs online. I haven't seen much, and was wondering how you go about finding jobs when the time comes.

I would love to do wildlife or zoo medicine, but I understand those are few and far between. So any sites, advice you might have would be appreciated.

You'll find that near graduation, you will have to quickly develop some networking skills because undoubtedly your first job will come from knowing someone who knows someone. There are job listings mostly within circles - you might try looking on VIN or the back cover of JAVMA. If your state has a veterinary conference, a lot of times they have interview fairs closer to graduation.

If you are interested in the wildlife or zoo track, you're right - its TOUGH to break in. Try to find some opportunities working in research while in school, or for a zoo vet now, so that you can get a leg up into your internship/zoo internship/residency, etc...