Job-searching

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sharpie1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just wanted to see if anyone can offer any insight into which website is best to register with as a job searching modality. I'm not looking yet but was just curious to see what's out there. Psych.org has a lot of listings but almost never any salaries. Does anyone know of a good one?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't recommend registering with any website. You'll have recruiters calling you non-stop trying to get into your pockets.

These 3 websites:

psychiatrictimes.com
indeed.com
http://jobs.psychiatry.org/home/home.cfm?site_id=13622

Call various program directors in cities you are interested in. They often have job info. You can also Google mental health organizations and call HR departments.

I would just stay away from headhunters. Do your own research and keep your money.

There is one recruiter I found very helpful when I was completing residency, and then used him again when I was hiring psychiatrists. Listened closely to what I wanted, in all aspects, and then didn't bother me with things that didn't match that. PM me if you want his contact info. However, even if you work with a recruiter, know that you should still look at places that don't use any recruiter (e.g. Many public facilities).